Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
News Manager (updated)
(2013-03-06, 07:14:19)datiswous Wrote: Maybe I just don't get the function of it. What I want is when the newsmanager shows up on a page, don't show the page-title on the page, only the post-title. But on pages not using the pagemanager, the page title is shown. I thought that was the function of the new template-tag (and the plugin).
Now I see both (with dates). If I rule that out (<!-- -->), the titles of pages wouldn't show up on pages without newsmanager.

Both the function nm_post_title and the News Manager Title plugin are meant to be used to insert the post title in the <title> tag (in the <head> section of the template). This is not visible in the page itself, but it is used for SEO purposes (it's what search engines usually show as titles in their results). You can see it in your browser window title.

So what you really need is removing the title (and the date) that you can see in the page... Those are "hardcoded" in your template (functions get_page_title and get_page_date) and News Manager cannot remove them. The plugin inserts its contents using get_page_content (like other blog-type GS plugins).

In the Emerald2 theme you are using, you should remove (or comment out) this:
Code:
<h2 class="title"><?php get_page_title(); ?></h2>
<p class="meta"><span class="date"><?php get_page_date('F jS, Y'); ?></span></p>

But if you only want to remove that in the page used by News Manager, and show it for the rest of the pages, then you have to enclose those two lines in some sort of conditional (if...) statement.

(2013-03-06, 07:14:19)datiswous Wrote: Edit1:
btw, I changed the code to this: <title><?php nm_post_title() or get_page_clean_title(); ?> - <?php get_site_name(); ?> </title> , but no change when I see the pages.

It seems you have defined your site name as " " (a space character). So get_site_name does not render anything. This is in the <title> tag, as I said above.
(If you also want to change this, tell me examples of how you would like it to be.)

(2013-03-06, 07:14:19)datiswous Wrote: Edit2:
Hey Carlos, maybe you can add links to all the working plugins for newsmanager on both the plugins page and first post in this topic.

Yeah, you're right, I have to update that, and the documentation. One of these days... :-)

In the meantime you can find links to News Manager related info and plugins here:
http://www.cyberiada.org/cnb/news-manager/
(2012-12-15, 00:56:54)Carlos Wrote: @vincenzo

Instead of inserting the function in a template file, it would be better to have it in the theme's functions.php file.
Or even better, in a small plugin that only contains this function. This way it would be available even if you select another theme.

Thank you for sharing it. I'll consider including it (with some slight change) in the next release.
Anyone else thinks it would be nice to have this? Better as an addon plugin?

Carlos, I need this functionality, and I do not see if it is included now or not.

Can you give me a hint how to show the n-recent news from a given tag?

Cheers, Connie
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
(2013-03-08, 00:08:48)Connie Wrote:
(2012-12-15, 00:56:54)Carlos Wrote: @vincenzo

Instead of inserting the function in a template file, it would be better to have it in the theme's functions.php file.
Or even better, in a small plugin that only contains this function. This way it would be available even if you select another theme.

Thank you for sharing it. I'll consider including it (with some slight change) in the next release.
Anyone else thinks it would be nice to have this? Better as an addon plugin?

Carlos, I need this functionality, and I do not see if it is included now or not.

Can you give me a hint how to show the n-recent news from a given tag?

No, it's (still) not included.

You could paste vincenzo's function:
http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread...6#pid31106
in your theme's functions.php, and then use it like:

Code:
nm_list_recent_by_tag('mytag')

or if you want to override the default max number of recent posts (e.g. 10):

Code:
nm_list_recent_by_tag('mytag',10)
mol bem, I will do like that.

Please put it on your todo-list! ;=)
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
(2013-03-08, 04:16:27)Connie Wrote: Please put it on your todo-list! ;=)

It is. But after asking in this thread I didn't see anyone interested.

I may add it (with some slight changes) to the News Manager Addons (beta) plugin.
A user is having a small problem with the latest News Manager version 2.3.2 and new GetSimple 3.2.0 on a Windows server. He gets a warning when deleting a post, although the post is successfully deleted.
Looks like it only happens with some Windows/PHP setups:
http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread.php?tid=4430

I'd like to know if anyone else using GS+NM in Windows is having this issue.

By the way, regardless of this: has anyone found any other bugs or issues in NM 2.3.2?
News Manager 2.3.3 (available for download in Extend)

No new features, just another maintenance release.

- re-create posts cache file if it's been removed
- fix slugs for titles beginning with space
- check valid tag/archive parameters
- fixed errors and broken index page when installing, before setting up
Update Request: Post Thumbnail. It's be cool, thanks...
(2013-03-07, 03:43:44)Carlos Wrote: Both the function nm_post_title and the News Manager Title plugin are meant to be used to insert the post title in the <title> tag (in the <head> section of the template). This is not visible in the page itself, but it is used for SEO purposes (it's what search engines usually show as titles in their results). You can see it in your browser window title.

Aha, this wasn't clear to me.

Quote:So what you really need is removing the title (and the date) that you can see in the page... Those are "hardcoded" in your template (functions get_page_title and get_page_date) and News Manager cannot remove them. The plugin inserts its contents using get_page_content (like other blog-type GS plugins).

In the Emerald2 theme you are using, you should remove (or comment out) this:
Code:
<h2 class="title"><?php get_page_title(); ?></h2>
<p class="meta"><span class="date"><?php get_page_date('F jS, Y'); ?></span></p>

But if you only want to remove that in the page used by News Manager, and show it for the rest of the pages, then you have to enclose those two lines in some sort of conditional (if...) statement.
Thanks. I considered using a seperative template for that. Can you give some example code for the if-command?

Quote:It seems you have defined your site name as " " (a space character). So get_site_name does not render anything. This is in the <title> tag, as I said above.
(If you also want to change this, tell me examples of how you would like it to be.)
Ok I changed that. Have to come up with a better title though.
(2013-03-14, 21:15:33)datiswous Wrote: Thanks. I considered using a seperative template for that. Can you give some example code for the if-command?

A separate template is a good, quick solution. However if you later have to do some changes in it, you have to do it two times.

Here's a possible conditional statement:

PHP Code:
<?php if (return_page_slug()!=$NMPAGEURL): ?>
... your html/php code for title, date, etc. you don't want in your news/blog pages ...
<?php endif; ?>
@Oleg06

What changes or adjustments have you done to News Manager?
(ref: http://forum.getsimplecms.ru/viewtopic.php?pid=49#p49 )
I'd like to make it fully support any possible language (including Russian, of course), if it currently doesn't.
Thank you.
classes added to the lists, tags inserted into a paragraph with the class, and of the date succeeded in Russian
Google's translation Smile
http://without-db.ru/news/obnovlenie-new...getsimple/

the new version, I do not look
@Oleg06

I'm checking the changes you've done (by the way, it would have been easier if you at least told me which files }:-))

I see that in lang/ru_RU.php you translated a string that was still in English, but there's still missing another one:
Code:
<b>Error:</b> Unable to restore the post. <em>CHMOD 777</em> the folders /data, /backups and their sub-folders and retry."
Please translate.

I'll also change the date format to yours.

More later...

You did a change to setlocale(LC_TIME, ...) in inc/functions.php.
That was fixed in 2.3.2 (a temporary fix that should work in most cases), so it's no longer necessary.

I haven't found any more changes.
Is this the correct link? without-db.ru/0/news-manager.zip
Thanks for the verification of the archive, I do not understand why there the old archive, now I replaced all
rules file sidebar.php, сlasses added to lists Smile
it is strange that none of the Russian people did not tell me about it
"ERROR_RESTORE" => "<b>Ошибка:</b> Не удается восстановить запись. Установите права <em>CHMOD 777</em> для папок /data, /backups и вложенные в них папки и повторите.",
date in Russian
Thanks for the translation. Next NM release will have your changes in ru_RU.

If you find the old files with all changes you did, please let me know.
without-db.ru/0/news-manager.zip
I've added classes nm_recent and nm_archives to the development version, for next release. Thanks Oleg06.

By the way, you could already style the recent posts lists (and insert dates, excerpts...) with the News Manager Addons plugin (beta but usable; still not in Extend).
(2013-03-15, 07:32:15)Oleg06 Wrote: http://without-db.ru/news/obnovlenie-new...getsimple/

Could you try to explain this? (maybe with some example, or html code...) I don't understand:
Quote:А вот ссылка в заголовке попрежнему остается и в полной новости, что не очень хорошо, потому как страница ссылается сама на себя.
in Russia tense debate about the dangers and benefits if the page is the title a reference to itself, I think it's not very good
http://yandex.ru/yandsearch?text=%D1%81%...8648&lr=46
News Manager 2.3.4 (available for download in Extend)

- added classes "nm_recent" and "nm_archives" (sidebar lists)
- fixed Russian language file (2 strings were untranslated; proper date format)
- translated plugin name in admin sidebar tab
(thanks @Oleg06)
your line 90 date would not work to date appeared in Russian, I had to replace the line 90
Code:
setlocale(LC_TIME, 'ru_RU.UTF8', 'ru.UTF8', 'ru_RU.UTF-8', 'ru.UTF-8', 'ru_RU', 'ru');
Thanks Oleg.
Please try changing it by:
Code:
setlocale(LC_TIME, $NMLANG.'UTF8', $lg.'UTF8', $NMLANG.'UTF-8', $lg.'UTF-8', $NMLANG, $lg);
No, did not help
sorry, try this:

Code:
setlocale(LC_TIME, $NMLANG.'.UTF8', $lg.'.UTF8', $NMLANG.'.UTF-8', $lg.'.UTF-8', $NMLANG, $lg);
cheers, earned!!!

news_manager+news_manager_title+news_manager_addons