Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
News Manager (updated)
(2017-02-18, 02:39:52)Artur Wrote: One more question. In grid which I use the classes look like "6u 12u$(small)" - and I cannot put it into the NM classes in custom setting, it shows "6u 12usmall" without other symbols. How can I fix it?

Download this zip and replace news_manager/inc/site.php with the patched version inside the file.
Characters !, %, $, ( and ) will be allowed now.
(Valid for NM 3.4 and 3.4.1)
Hello @Carlos,

I am trying to understand how templates work for the blog.
I understand that you can add classes etc., and create templates for Main and Single posts, but this over-rides the complete page template.

Is it possible to just use a Post chunk that includes place holders for the posts data?
For example:

Code:
<section class="pb0 bg-secondary">
    <div class="container">
        <div class="feed-item mb96 mb-xs-48">
            <div class="row mb16 mb-xs-0">
                <div class="col-md-8 col-md-offset-2 col-sm-10 col-sm-offset-1 text-center">
                    <h3>{{PAGE-TITLE}}</h3>
                    <h6 class="uppercase mb16 mb-xs-8"><i class="icon fa fa-calendar"></i> {{DATE}} <i class="icon fa fa-thumb-tack" style="padding-left:30px;"></i> {{TAGS}} </h6>
                </div>
            </div>
            <div class="row mb32 mb-xs-16">
                <div class="col-md-8 col-md-offset-2 col-sm-10 col-sm-offset-1">
                    {{CONTENT}}
                </div>
            </div>
        </div>
    </div>
</section>

So that each post would be in this format.

Is this beyond the scope of this plugin or is there an alternative method for doing something like this?
NM 3.5 will have support for custom post rendering.
I'll post a beta in this other thread when it's more or less ready.
Hi,

I have NM set up and working fine. I would like to add an image as a header on the page used to show the posts but can't figure out how to do this. Obviously the function that gets the content is returning just the posts and ignoring any static text or images on the news page. Is there any way I can achieve what I'm trying to do?

Thanks,
Paul.
If you want to always display the newspage content before the list of posts or single post, insert this in your template, before the <?php get_page_content(); ?> line:

Code:
<?php if (nm_is_site()) getPageContent(return_page_slug()); ?>
Fantastic - thanks. Worked like a charm.