Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
News Manager (updated)
(2023-02-08, 22:48:53)Carlos Wrote:
(2023-02-04, 00:52:35)Oleg06 Wrote:
(2023-02-04, 00:09:22)Carlos Wrote:
(2023-02-02, 04:13:26)Oleg06 Wrote: Is it possible to post posts in reverse order on the site? For example, if a person has written a book, it will not be convenient to start reading it from the end.
[...]

Thanks, this helped.

The problem is that of course you'll have to patch the file again when the plugin is updated.

Do you intend to use this in a production site? Or was it just for curiosity, or experimenting?

(BTW I think that Special Pages could be better for this job...)

I added a checkbox to toggle. I also added a checkbox to enable/disable the author. I work with the UIkit framework, so I prepare all the plugins just for it. The I18N Special Pages plugin is a good plugin, but it's complicated for people not familiar with it. I'm doing this out of curiosity for now, but I have some ideas. Thank you very much for your support.
Question 
I have installed the plugin, but the information is too unstructured, so I can't understand how to do my basic settings. Now on the site news are printed, but news titles not.
Hello, 

Recently my host upgraded PHP from 7.4 to 8.1 and the creation of new posts broke, so I upgraded News Manager from 2.something to 3.6

Now when adding a new entry, I get the admin page header with an empty block withouth further info. 

This is the error thrown:
Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function get_magic_quotes_gpc() in /home/distortiongirl/distortiongirl.com/admin/inc/basic.php:689 Stack trace: #0 /home/distortiongirl/distortiongirl.com/plugins/news_manager/inc/posts.php(87): safe_slash_html('test') #1 /home/distortiongirl/distortiongirl.com/plugins/news_manager.php(87): nm_save_post() #2 /home/distortiongirl/distortiongirl.com/admin/load.php(39): nm_admin() #3 {main} thrown in /home/distortiongirl/distortiongirl.com/admin/inc/basic.php on line 689
(2023-06-10, 19:37:35)salvamaine Wrote: Recently my host upgraded PHP from 7.4 to 8.1 and the creation of new posts broke, so I upgraded News Manager from 2.something to 3.6

Upgrade to 3.6.1.
Ok, I fixed it removing get_magic_quotes_gpc in the code (basic.php script) and suming it is always false. It looks like GetSimple is not fully compatible with PHP 8.1
(2023-06-11, 17:49:25)salvamaine Wrote: Ok, I fixed it removing get_magic_quotes_gpc in the code (basic.php script) and suming it is always false. It looks like GetSimple is not fully compatible with PHP 8.1

GetSimple CMC is ready to work with PHP 8.
http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread...ight=php+8
Hello,
im sure this question is already answered somewhere, but is it possible (on news post level) to only show the post title instead of post title AND site title?

Something like this:
Code:
<?php nm_post_title() | <?php get_site_name(); ?>

and parent page (News Manager overview) would be like:
Code:
<?php get_page_clean_title(); ?> | <?php get_site_name(); ?>
(2023-09-09, 20:20:04)Sveninho Wrote: Hello,
im sure this question is already answered somewhere, but is it possible (on news post level) to only show the post title instead of post title AND site title?

Something like this:
Code:
<?php nm_post_title() | <?php get_site_name(); ?>

and parent page (News Manager overview) would be like:
Code:
<?php get_page_clean_title(); ?> | <?php get_site_name(); ?>

I'm not sure I have understood well... Maybe this is what you need:

Code:
<?php nm_post_title() or get_page_clean_title(); ?> | <?php get_site_name(); ?>
I think I understand what they are trying to do.

In your template that is being used to display your news, you will probably want to do something like this:

Code:
<?php if (nm_is_main()) { ?>
    <?php get_page_title(); ?> |  <?php get_site_name(); ?>
<?php } ?>
<?php if (nm_is_single()) { ?>
    <?php nm_post_title(); ?>
<?php } ?>

Maybe that will help point you in the right direction.

GS Community Edition with php8.x compatibility, new features and much more!  Support Me