Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
localhost:8888 using MAMP (Mac) image path problem with i18N custom field
I've been developing sites offline using MAMP on Mac OSX and everything works sweetly, however there's a niggling problem when using images set in i18N as a custom field.

In the ckeditor window, inserting images works fine - the image displays properly and uses the correct path. Everything is fine there.

If I set an image field as a custom field and browse to an image, it inserts the path into the field but it only places localhost/your/path/to/image instead of MAMP's path of localhost:8888/your/path/to/image.

Is there a way to override this somehow? It looks like i18N can't detect the 8888 port whereas the CMS can.

I've developed several sites this way and all sites have the same issue, have the latest version running and the latest plugins so I know its not a one-off issue.

Thanks for any advice!
it might be easier in the long run if you change your are MAMP settings, instead of trying to change any of the i18N custom field code.

Look at your server settings inside MAMP, if it just says 'localhost', change it to read 'localhost: 8888'.

... also if MAMP is the only server you're using on your Mac, just change your port setting to 80 and avoid all-that.

Hope this helps!
(2012-12-08, 02:25:25)thedoglett Wrote: I've been developing sites offline using MAMP on Mac OSX and everything works sweetly, however there's a niggling problem when using images set in i18N as a custom field.

In the ckeditor window, inserting images works fine - the image displays properly and uses the correct path. Everything is fine there.

If I set an image field as a custom field and browse to an image, it inserts the path into the field but it only places localhost/your/path/to/image instead of MAMP's path of localhost:8888/your/path/to/image.

I updated I18N Custom Fields (and I18N Special Pages) to take the port into account (if not 80).
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
Thanks, I'll update and also look at tweaking the port in MAMP!