Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Templating
I did attempt to do a search on this but didnt have much luck. I noticed a page option that lets you select a template for a specific page but the option available is always Default template.

I was just curious as how to go about creating separate templates as would it just be at the css level or would creating another php file or an entirely different template etc and make it a select-able template option

Well I just downloaded a ready made template for the first time and it looks like it may have answered my question for me.
new php file in the themes folder.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
Yeah, just duplicate "template.php", rename it to something like "special.php" and change the markup, etc. as you need to. It will then appear in the drop-down as "special.php" for example.
Modern UI Admin for GetSimple
Watch the demo. Install this plugin. Use this CSS. Enjoy.
A template needs a min of 3 functions to work with most plugins.
the get header, get content and get footer
Every question or thought I had mentioned across the past few posts has been dealt with just from being able to interchange the templates, wish I would have researched the core alot more before messing with it. If Id have done that I would have saved days in my design planning around it.

Now that I finally have a grasp this thing is the best CMS I have worked with in 13 years.

I questioned alot because of how excessively complex other CMS cores ive worked with are and didnt know that the Title Get Simple actually meant that.

Most CMS systems boast how great and simple they are but then you realize your just had to type 40 lines of code in to 18 separate template files, connect them with loops and functions just to get the header of a Page title to show up thats a bit sarcastic but its the general feel of most CMS systems.

When PHP Nuke first came out it felt like you had to create a separate template file for every link, image and line of text you typed. So I was basically just trying to read more in to this CMS than what I should have been doing and ended up not even realizing the templating system here was actually less complicated than following heating directions for a microwave dinner.

Anyway thanks again for all the assistance.
Yes, i dropped drupal on all my sites when i found GS, despite drupal being insanely powerful. The headaches were not worth it.