Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
resize thumbs after crop
scenario

upload 800 pixels (long size) , make a square crop (area of interest is 460x460), but need final thumb size to be 150x150

I would imagine the solution is to have GD re size right after cropping before saving. I wish I know PHP well enough to do this. Can someone please help me?
so you want it to make two thumbnails everytime you upload one image?
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
Hi Chris

I just want GD, after cropping, to auto resize the thumb to a desire width before saving the file

For example

[Image: Car_Wallpapers.jpg]

Maybe input box is not needed. have "desire thumb width" in php prefernece/config is fine.
It could be my Caffeine high speaking, but GS already creates 2 Thumbnails for every image uploaded. It works off width but keeps proportions intact. So you have data/thumbs/thumbsm.imagename.jpg (the smaller version with a max width of 60px and data/thumbs/thumbnail.imagename.jpg (the larger thumbnail with a max width of 200px). Putting an option in settings to modify this shouldn't be that hard. I might look in to it as i have ran out of idea's for plugins.
data/thumbs/thumbnail.imagename.jpg width can be set in /root/gsconfig.php
data/thumbs/thumbsm.imagename.jpg is used for the upload.php when you choose 'Images' from the dropdown
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
currently /root/gsconfig.php setting (size 200) is not being use if you start cropping

Thnx Jamie
Thnx Chris