Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Release v3.2.0 beta
(2013-01-05, 11:35:23)shawn_a Wrote: What browser? What does the code look like? There are obviously entries in that list they are just blank.

No matter the browser.
Same happens to me with XAMPP on Windows XP.
(Everything ok on my Apache/Unix shared hosting account.)
I have to Denver php 5.3 on windows ХР also
Ahh, Apparantly the zip differs from stable branch somehow.
I do not know how I could have done that.

I released b3, ill get it put on the downloads page.
Posting it here for now.

Sorry for that guys, please test again.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
It's ok now.
It's ok now.
(2012-12-22, 14:46:24)shawn_a Wrote: wow no one is excited about a new release ?
I hope I can try this new version. But please understand that since Summer 2012 (Chris Cagle retiring from daily core action) it is difficult to understand who is driving GS (see also here) and how the future looks, no matter how well GS has done and does.
I wish you a good 2013 and success with GS 3.x!!!
Advanced HTML5 & CSS3 coder. Simple JS & PHP hacker (not enough for new function coding). Build one webpage with GS (late 2012). Focusing on Theme customizing/Template files. Experience with WP.
thats the only downside to foss but hey 3.2 is a good next step why complain?
I am excited. Really looking forward to it.
I'm also still excited about GS, it is just my statement/reply why probably there is less response to development: even FOSS profits from a clear leadership.
On the other hand: if GS devs are able of modernizing and optimizing the core without bloating it, this is a good thing, even if a huge amount of wishes are droped.
Advanced HTML5 & CSS3 coder. Simple JS & PHP hacker (not enough for new function coding). Build one webpage with GS (late 2012). Focusing on Theme customizing/Template files. Experience with WP.
hmm, all those people are still here. Chris just "retired" a few months ago.
Not sure I see what the big deal is.

The people that worked on most of 3.1 are still here.
The lack of releases does not correlate to lack of activity.

Here ill let statistics show whats going on.
https://github.com/GetSimpleCMS/GetSimpl...t-activity

This is community software, if you want something written write it, if you want a roadmap write one and share it, everyone will look at it, the next release thread generated most of the milestones in 3.2 and 3.3

If your feature is not here, add it or post it or pm us.
https://github.com/GetSimpleCMS/GetSimpl...state=open

Its probably worth noting that 3.2 was not a revolutionary release as it was intended, it was a stopgap to fill in the lack of releases and get out all the junk we added. We were going to do a minor release, but we looked at tit and it was too long of a span and too many commits to do a minor release. This was due to the chris being absent and nobody maintaining releases.

For what its worth every site i have runs on gs and i think n00dles runs it alot as well. And we are the lead developers right now. I work on projects for at least 5-10 years, so Ill probably be around a bit.
GSSTYLE - Set an alternative style, eg. GSSTYLEWIDE

These are for changing admin style, though I don't read it in the name. Wouldn't it be more appropriate if the name is more like: GSADMINSTYLE, or ADMINSTYLE? This is also easier to recognize in the config file.

Is there a guide how to make an admin style (sorry if info is already there for years). Thought it might be handy for some to have an admin theme styled for phones/tablets/etc. I thought the GSSTYLEWIDE admin theme, since being fluid, can be changed into a theme which can also easily shrink to thin width.
Can anything be done to date and displayed in Cyrillic
January=Январь
Shawn, I really would have preferred for you not to put that for download from the forum.
But anyway you can now download it here:
http://get-simple.info/download/
yeah sorry about that I meant to leave it up for only a few hours.
If your concerned its just an attachment, you should drop the attachment size since anyone can attach up to 1mb currently.

GetSimple_3.2.0b3.zip (Size: 871.63 KB / Downloads: 8)

hardly a bandwidth flood.
Haha no but I would like all downloads of the actual CMS to be from the mirror server, for performance and tracking reasons. As in, we have stats as to how many times it was downloaded, etc. Also the mirror server can better handle the additional bandwidth, so the shared hosting server doesn't have to deal with it. I know, I know, most of the plugins in extend are bigger, but still, it's a valid point.
YAY!!!
^_^

(2012-12-22, 14:46:24)shawn_a Wrote: wow no one is excited about a new release ?
My website made with GetSimple CMS is

Arte & Società
www.artesocieta.eu

An indipendent website about Italian Contemporary Visual Arts
Great!
Running GS b3 on easyphp local server, no problems so far.

except: GSSTYLEWIDE
I get an undefined constant notice on the frontend ( GSSTYLEWIDE assumed 'GSSTYLEWIDE')

I like the first step towards a responsive backend, but this feels far from finished. It breaks the layout on small screens. Maybe a min-width on the wrapper to fix this?
<º)))><
Good catch
Looks like index loads gsconfig before common, and common load gsconfig also.

The widestyle is experimental. For example we will probably need a wrapper to set min and max widths since everything uses percentages. So I added this as a step forward to figure all that out, so we can plan on making the backend more responsive without completely recoding it.
Yes. A responsive backend from 640px to 1280px (tablet to widescreen) would be nice. At first glance there's no real need to change existing markup. Perhaps making sure al the plugins will play nice is a bit tricky.

btw the 'view failed login attempts' page seems to go blank when log file is empty/cleared.

And on the support page the link to 'support forum' underneath Getting Started should be changed to /forumS
<º)))><
hmm the log thing was supposed to be fixed, ill cut another beta and make sure it makes it in.
And fix that notice.

I have an experimental wide template that used negative margins and has a max and min width. Maybe it will make it in a few more patches when this goes live.
Finally the site is back today (it was redirecting to a .org for a week). It looks like in b3 the bug i reported a few weeks ago is back:

> RE: Release v3.2.0 beta
> small esthetic bug, sitemap text showing across the screen, over other items
> http://i.imgur.com/ZtXpb.png

and some <lastmod> data on my sitemap is not updated.
Sounds like you were cached or something, site was down for a day.
gs 3.2beta 4 uploading now, should be up soon.

Fixes

b4
GSWIDESTYLE not defined on front end
Made sure b3 fixes are actually in this zip
(2013-01-22, 03:38:38)shawn_a Wrote: gs 3.2beta 4 uploading now, should be up soon.

Fixes

b4
GSWIDESTYLE not defined on front end
Made sure b3 fixes are actually in this zip
Hello dear developers! When about to expect a stable release version 3.2?
I do not know, did you test it ?
Did you test it with a copy of your live site with all your plugins ?

It is a beta test, if people do not test it, then never.