Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
50webs install problems
Heya,

I've had a read through of all sorts and got nowhere. SO!

Uploaded GetSimple 3.1.2 to a subdirectory on a 50webs hosted site. Double checked it has the right PHP version running and SimpleXML. Yep.

Edited temp.htaccess to "RewriteBare /subdirectory/"

And all I get is: Error 500 - mod_fcgid: error reading data from FastCGI server

Removing Options -Indexes doesn't help.
Changing everything to 755 permissions doesn't help.
Turning on debugging in gsconfig.php doesn't produce any log files and the error message look exactly the same as it did before.
Renaming temp.htaccess * tempgsconfig.php (removing the temp) doesn't help. Nothing seems to help.

Anyone got any bright ideas?
Has anyone got GetSimple running on a 50webs server?
sounds like a host issue
You would need to get your error logs and see what the 500 is coming from.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
(2012-12-19, 08:30:40)shawn_a Wrote: sounds like a host issue
You would need to get your error logs and see what the 500 is coming from.

Have filed a ticket. If I figure it out I'll post it here then! Undecided

Minor Lulz Update: My support ticket on this gets answered with a "we're working on it" inside five minutes. That closes the ticket as resolved. I see what you did there support desk. But apparently it's a server configuration that messes up .htaccess file settings somehow and "we're working on it" (ticket closed again).
Update time.
It took two days and a lot of nagging, but someone somewhere at 50webs seems to have got PHP working on my account. I'm not sure yet if this is temporary because the last support note I got from them was "We're still working on it", so who knows, maybe they'll kill it again in an hours time.

I'm not even sure if this was just a problem on my account or a more global 50webs problem. So sorry to anyone thinking of 50webs but I can't tell you much except if you do have a problem, nag like crazy and expect a 2 day wait.

All it took then was setting the correct timezone in php.ini and it appears to be working fine.
50Webs looks like a ResellersPanel company. I had a horrible experience when I tried to use ResellersPanel and now I run my own servers because of it.
But anyhow glad it's working, and thanks for being part of the GetSimple CMS Community!