Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why are sub-pages delivering a not found message? Half the site works
I am now running into this problem:
The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

When people select a link off of the main page. None of the content has been changed, I have tried to restore to no avail.

Is there some bug? Or workaround for this issue. The site is in production and in the height of the registration season. Any ideas?

A
when you look inside of your site via FTP - do you see all the install and data files?
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
ccagle8 Wrote:when you look inside of your site via FTP - do you see all the install and data files?
Thankfully not a GetSimple issue. Just a host issue, here is their response:

Quote:I believe there is an issue with the server in general with malformed XML configs in the host directory. We are aware of the issue and working to resolve it as quickly as possible. I have escalated your ticket to our server admins and we will notify you once we've had an opportunity to correct the issue.

We had them move us to another server and they royally screwed the pooch!
wow - that sucks. good luck with that... Which host was it?
- Chris

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
^ "A terrible one." Wink
Clients always want to be able to change the content of their pages, but they are unwilling to do so.

Have you ever coded in your underwear before?
Crystal Tech Hosting - been using for 6 years. Have issues every once and a while but recently quite a few. Think it's time to move. Just a real drag.
They still haven't fixed the issue, but I did by turning off fancy urls. They can't get mod-rewrite down... :lol:
^ CT... I have a client that had a site there. CT lost their domain name and ended up charging the client $150 to find it. Oh, and my client wanted email setup for a new domain purchased so they sent CT the info to get it done. They stated that they couldn't get it to work correctly.

I wouldn't touch them with a ten foot pole.
Clients always want to be able to change the content of their pages, but they are unwilling to do so.

Have you ever coded in your underwear before?
how incompetent can a hosting company be???
- Chris

I'm having a similar issue with home page menu links to pages not working when fancy-url is in use.

They work ok so long as fancy-urls is turned off
ubuntulistener Wrote:I'm having a similar issue with home page menu links to pages not working when fancy-url is in use.
Sounds like a .htaccess problem. Make sure there is a .htaccess file in the root of your installation and check to see whether your host supports mod_rewrite.
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!