Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2.01 Release Candidate #3
I've upgraded GetSimple again with a handful of bug fixes that were uncovered. Please view the change log and post here if you find any problems with it.

Download GetSimple 2.01_RC3

Remember, this is a release candidate. I feel it is secure and non-buggy, but it is not quite ready to be used on a production site. Please report any issues in this thread.

Thank you!

Edited: RC#2 is linked above now.
Edited: RC#3 is now linked to above
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
ccagle8 Wrote:I've upgraded GetSimple again with a handful of bug fixes that were uncovered. Please view the change log and post here if you find any problems with it.

Download GetSimple 2.01_RC1

Remember, this is a release candidate. I feel it is secure and non-buggy, but it is not quite ready to be used on a production site. Please report any issues in this thread.

Thank you!

I am trying this last release, i have found that the functions.php in theme is not used, so i have this problem :

the code in template.php (inside theme used) :
Code:
<?php getSubpagesList( return_page_slug() );?>

the function getSubpagesList() is in functions.php :

Code:
<?php        
    function getSubpagesList($parent) {

$data = menu_data();    
    $parent = $parent . "/";
    $output = array();

foreach( $data as $menu) {
        if ($menu['parent_slug'] == $parent){
            $output[] = "<li><a title='" . $menu['title'] . "' href='" . $menu['url'] . "'>"
                                                    . $menu['title'] . $menu['parent'] . "</a></li>";
        }
    }
    sort($output);

$menu_string = implode("\n", $output);
    echo '<ul>';
    echo $menu_string;
    echo '</ul>';
}          
?>

is it something related to the changes with menu_data() function ?

thank you.
Sharing is human real nature...
superyms Wrote:I am trying this last release, i have found that the functions.php in theme is not used
functions.php should still be included in your template, so you will be able to use the code that is inside it.

superyms Wrote:Is it something related to the changes with menu_data() function?
It shouldn’t be, as I see it only the URL generation part of menu_data() has been fixed. Slugs were broken before.

I’ll take a look at the function and see whether I can spot the problem.
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
Zegnåt Wrote:functions.php should still be included in your template, so you will be able to use the code that is inside it.

Yes it is exactly inside my template (inside theme). But not working.

As you mentioned it could be due to slugs problem ?

Thank you.
Al right then, found your problem. menu_data() has—in this version—been updated to match the XML files more, the parent is no longer suffixed with a slash (/). So just remove the following line from your script:
Code:
$parent = $parent . "/";

Have fun with GetSimple!
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
Zegnåt Wrote:Al right then, found your problem. menu_data() has—in this version—been updated to match the XML files more, the parent is no longer suffixed with a slash (/). So just remove the following line from your script:
Code:
$parent = $parent . "/";

Have fun with GetSimple!

Thank you, it's working ! You finished by solving my problem.
So as i have suspected it have been caused by the update of menu_data() function...

Bye.
superyms Wrote:So as i have suspected it have been caused by the update of menu_data() function...

Sorry about that - i guess this was a casualty of the fact that everything is getting standardized. All URLs are generated by the same function which is definitely a good thing
- Chris

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
ccagle8 Wrote:the fact that everything is getting standardized. All URLs are generated by the same function which is definitely a good thing

That's the better thing to have!
Thank you for all your efforts.

Bye.
RC#2 is out: http://www.box.net/shared/lf6bcs2opn

Includes Changes:
- Plugin folder movement
- misc fixes/changes noted here
- Chris

Didn't know whether to post this here...

Are you planning to have the image insert functionality in the wysiwyg able to browse the uploaded files based in the uploads folder? Or is this planned for another release at some point.
raydale Wrote:Didn't know whether to post this here...

Are you planning to have the image insert functionality in the wysiwyg able to browse the uploaded files based in the uploads folder? Or is this planned for another release at some point.

Not this release unfortunately. Its high on the priority list, but i just cant find a good filebrowser that I like that also looks decent.
- Chris

ccagle8 Wrote:Not this release unfortunately. Its high on the priority list, but i just cant find a good filebrowser that I like that also looks decent.

Do you know imgLib imagebrowser? It is easy to integrate with GetSimple and CKEditor and works quite well. I gave it a try last week and I'm happy I found it.
dneisel: I will have to look at that. thanks!
- Chris

GS 2.01 RC#3 is now out to be tested. This should be it.

http://www.box.net/shared/qgglm1bxpx
- Chris

ccagle8 Wrote:GS 2.01 RC#3 is now out to be tested. This should be it.

http://www.box.net/shared/qgglm1bxpx

That's sounds good ! so the final release will be for soon ?
I think, after that we have (i mean the community) to start writing with you as main developers (you and the team) the documentation with tutorials...i think it's the best way to learn people tu use practically GS...i mean it will be the Simple way ! lol

Bye.