Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
multiple columns
Hi how can i update multiple columns with a template ?
There are a few ways.

natively
special template that loads several content pages.

plugins
specialpages
customfields
simpletabs
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
which plugins, simple tabs etc
Here are three methods:

Components
Make a component for the content of each column. Say the first one is called col1 . Write the content in html. In your page template put <?php get_component('col1'); ?> where you want the content

Pages
Make a page for the content of each column. Give the first one the slug col1. You can write the content with the wysiwyg editor. In your page template put <?php getPageContent('col1'); ?> where you want the content.

Plugin
Use the 'Simple Input Tabs' plugin to edit different content blocks through tabs in a single editor window. But use it with caution and plenty of backups - it's still a bit experimental.

Do you know what the 'slug' is? It's filename for the xml file that the data is stored in. So not the Page Title which can be displayed as a page heading, not the menu text for display in the site nav menu and not the html title in the <head> section that the browser uses. It took me months to work that out.
I guess it would be neat to do get_component(thisslug.'_col1'); (psuedo code)
Then you can have columns for multiple pages.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
(2013-01-20, 02:25:19)shawn_a Wrote: I guess it would be neat to do get_component(thisslug.'_col1'); (psuedo code)
Then you can have columns for multiple pages.

You will have to explain that to me. I don't understand.
Any news on this? Would love to know the easiest way to to do this, because I'm newbie in this game...
With:
http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread...9#pid24159

You can do things like, for example:

PHP Code:
<?php
$comp 
get_page_slug(false).'-col1';
if (
component_exists($comp)) {

get_component($comp);
} else {

get_component('default-col1');
}
?>

Component my-page-col1 is displayed if in page my-page; if not, component default-col1 will be displayed.