Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to save the new pages in Cyrillic?
Hi!
Thanks for good CMS getsimple. I try create and save any pages in Russian but the I see next message "Error: You cannot save a page with an empty title or slug."

getsimple doesn't see Russian title and Russian pages. Also I don't see any Russian pages in path /getsimple/data/pages/

All pages of English content work very good.

Please help me. How I can create site with Russian pages?
We have a problem with UTF8 titles
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
@Samuil

If you install Oleg06's Russian language for GS 3.1 and select it in settings you should have no problems, as this language file has support for transliteration of cyrillic characters.

Or do you want to keep English as the language for the admin panel?
(2013-01-19, 09:06:54)Samuil Wrote: Thanks for good CMS getsimple. I try create and save any pages in Russian but the I see next message "Error: You cannot save a page with an empty title or slug."

getsimple doesn't see Russian title and Russian pages. Also I don't see any Russian pages in path /getsimple/data/pages/

Just click on page options and enter a slug/URL - if the title does not have ascii characters, GetSimple fails to automatically create a slug (used in the URL and as file name) - you have to enter one manually.
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
Quote:Just click on page options and enter a slug/URL - if the title does not have ascii characters, GetSimple fails to automatically create a slug (used in the URL and as file name) - you have to enter one manually.

Hello!
Thanks all for answers. The advice helps me to save Russian page but how I make the it in automatic mode? Every time adding english name in "Custom URL (Slug)" is is not very good.

(2013-01-19, 18:09:53)Carlos Wrote: @Samuil

If you install Oleg06's Russian language for GS 3.1 and select it in settings you should have no problems, as this language file has support for transliteration of cyrillic characters.

Or do you want to keep English as the language for the admin panel?

I also tried the advice but I want english admin panel and adding russian pages. Also if I will get new version of getsimple where I can take new updates of the russian plugin.
Attached is a small plugin for Cyrillic transliteration (I just created it based on Oleg06's language file), so that you can keep using the backend in English (or whatever language).

Usage:
Unzip and upload to your plugins folder.
If you create a page with title "Привет" it will be saved as privet.xml (slug = "privet").

As for new GS versions, you can usually get updates for language files in Extend. Anyway the previous lang file should work, probably only a few strings will not be translated.

Attached Files
.zip   cyrillictranslit.zip (Size: 682 bytes / Downloads: 29)
Shocked 
(2013-01-20, 07:17:53)Carlos Wrote: Attached is a small plugin for Cyrillic transliteration (I just created it based on Oleg06's language file), so that you can keep using the backend in English (or whatever language).

Hello Carlos! Thanks for fix my problem all work very good. But I have one question to you. If you live in Spanish why you know Russian Letters? Even I sometimes forget them =)).
I just obtained the transliteration table from Oleg's language file. No idea about Russian :-)

I forgot to mention that this issue has been fixed in GS 3.2 beta. If there's no transliteration installed, it will save a page with title "Привет" with a slug like temp
Did that make it into beta ?
Looks like the temp one did.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
Yes, it's there, at least in beta 3.2 b3.