Poll: Do you need this plugin?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
100.00%
12 100.00%
Maybe
0%
0 0%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Catalog plugin - do you need it?
Hello.

I did small plugin for my site. It's some kind of catalog - you can create "category" (only 2 level for now), create some "item" inside this category. Item can consist title, description, image, preview of image and some other fields (i think, i can do field generator - you can create you'r own fields, not only default).
When user go to the catalog page, you see list of categories, inside this you see subcategories and inside it you see list of items.

You can create something like portfolio with price, some kind of shop, and many others.

I want to know - if anyone need this plugin? Because for upload it on extends, i must do some work, do better design, add some functions.
@bloxa - Sounds like it could be a useful plugin. I say it would be a nice addition to Extend.
So you can list products, people on the team, fish in the sea, past projects, anything? Sounds good.
What about a directory listing script ?

Something like this ...
http://yellowpagesphpscript.com/ it's not that complicated....
Joomla and Wordpress has already such a plugins
something like this? http://shkurky.ru/pushnina
(2013-01-29, 03:30:41)Timbow Wrote: So you can list products, people on the team, fish in the sea, past projects, anything? Sounds good.
Yeap, anyone you want.

(2013-01-29, 03:54:46)giggty Wrote: What about a directory listing script ?

Something like this ...
http://yellowpagesphpscript.com/ it's not that complicated....
Joomla and Wordpress has already such a plugins
At this moment, my catalog work on XML-files, and i think big count of items will work slow. My idea - create something small and simple to use.
But anyway, after release first versions of plugin, i will see, what i can do with database.
The difference between yellowpagephpscript and my catalog - it's search and maybe some specific option.

(2013-01-29, 04:51:39)Oleg06 Wrote: something like this? http://shkurky.ru/pushnina
Yeap, it's like demo of my plugin Smile
catalog plugin will be very useful, though 2 level categories may not be enough for a decent catalog (100 - 200 items).
I made a catalog with Jquery table sorter (search + sort etc' ) with 1 level categories, and from the database point of view - it manages 430 items with no side effects .... IE - the XML acts quite nice with quite big catalog ...
Would there be a possibility to have more than one instance of this plugin ? Something like multicategory / more than 1 root catalog page.
Many GS plugins lack this feature.

edit: would be great if you connect your plugin to GS sitemap generator, and provide a hoot to Mvlcek's search plugin.
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
(2013-02-04, 00:36:31)yojoe Wrote: Would there be a possibility to have more than one instance of this plugin ? Something like multicategory / more than 1 root catalog page.
Many GS plugins lack this feature.

edit: would be great if you connect your plugin to GS sitemap generator, and provide a hoot to Mvlcek's search plugin.

You can create many root category.
I need to check code, but if I'm not mistaken in functional, you can create categories:

My work
-Best works
-Worst works

My cats
-Cat1
-Cat2

And choose, what you want to show on the page, like this: [simple_catalog-my_work] or [simple_catalog-my_cats] or [simple_catalog-my_cats-cat1]

Sitemap and search in my plans, but after first release with basic functional.
(2013-01-28, 19:13:23)bloxa Wrote: Hello.

I did small plugin for my site. It's some kind of catalog - you can create "category" (only 2 level for now), create some "item" inside this category. Item can consist title, description, image, preview of image and some other fields (i think, i can do field generator - you can create you'r own fields, not only default).
When user go to the catalog page, you see list of categories, inside this you see subcategories and inside it you see list of items.

You can create something like portfolio with price, some kind of shop, and many others.

I want to know - if anyone need this plugin? Because for upload it on extends, i must do some work, do better design, add some functions.

Hi . I like your project . I advice you to continue work on it and create plugin with full functionality . I need plugin like this catalog some weeks ago , and I find this wordpress catalog , but that plugin was commercial , and I didn't buy it . So , Yes , I need plugin like this .
Something like simple eshop is really missing for this great CMS. Only one that can be used is jCart and it was not updated for a while ..
Car dealers etc needs catalog plugin. Items manager is waaay too complicatet to average Joe who just wants to put producs with info and images Big Grin.
(2013-07-16, 16:37:40)Riianna Wrote: Car dealers etc needs catalog plugin. Items manager is waaay too complicatet to average Joe who just wants to put producs with info and images Big Grin.

if you want catalog only, you can use i18n Special Pages, they are great for this purpose, but you need some knowledge of html/php. It doesn't have shopping cart, so that's why I don't use it and beg for shopping cart here Big Grin
(2013-07-16, 16:48:21)morvy Wrote:
(2013-07-16, 16:37:40)Riianna Wrote: Car dealers etc needs catalog plugin. Items manager is waaay too complicatet to average Joe who just wants to put producs with info and images Big Grin.

if you want catalog only, you can use i18n Special Pages, they are great for this purpose, but you need some knowledge of html/php. It doesn't have shopping cart, so that's why I don't use it and beg for shopping cart here Big Grin

Something like Wordpress WP Catalogue. It has simple greate new product and upload images thats it. Like this one
you can achieve it with i18n Special Pages (show item description) and i18n Search (show item list) or DynPages (show item list too, but with custom php code as component)
everything is from mvlcek

I've used it here: (not done yet, WIP) http://merlot-agency.sk/svadobne-saly/