Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mobile and Print-Friendly themes
I would very much like there to be an option for a mobile-friendly and print-friendly theme on a website. More people are now checking their websites on their smartphones than desktop computers and I feel that this would be a nice touch. I am requesting that this plugin be created.
Never mind, I found the plugin here: http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/sim...hanger/21/

(2013-01-29, 07:34:15)rhecht Wrote: I would very much like there to be an option for a mobile-friendly and print-friendly theme on a website. More people are now checking their websites on their smartphones than desktop computers and I feel that this would be a nice touch. I am requesting that this plugin be created.
For print just add Hartija framework to your css.
blazejs, this needs to be a plugin for sure.
I have been meaning to doa prnit stylesheet for my sites, but its one of those lowest priority who has the time to research these things.

Thanks
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
Hartija is ready to use framework. Just add:

<link rel="stylesheet" media="print" type="text/css" href="print.css" />

to your theme where print.css is Hartija stylesheet, to your page. The only you have to do is editing elements that should be hidden for print at the bottom. Nothing more is required.
(2013-02-01, 19:13:18)blazejs Wrote: Hartija is ready to use framework. Just add:

<link rel="stylesheet" media="print" type="text/css" href="print.css" />

to your theme where print.css is Hartija stylesheet, to your page. The only you have to do is editing elements that should be hidden for print at the bottom. Nothing more is required.

interesting. Could you give more details on steps.
I have copied Hartija's print.css in either existing template or created a new template "print" with print.css, not sure though what is the best way to trigger the theme change?

Basically a print-link with a tarket_blank to open in print.css ?
No you just add the stlyesheet just like a normal stylesheet, see that media="print" as opposed to screen.
The browser knows what to do automatically when you print something.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
ha!
Of course - will look into it. Should work, sound logical.
cheers