Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Info-Messages are not shown on pages.php in case of delete
Hi,

have a strange problem with the error-messages on pages.php

If I try to delete the index-page, it shouldn't be deleted but an error-message should be displayed that the index-page can't be deleted. I am very sure I saw it on its first appearance, but now it won't display any more. The same is, if a page is deleted - after asking whether I'm sure, the page is being deleted, but no message appears at all.

The messages are displayed, if I disable javascript, so I guess it has something to do with that. Does anybody have a clue what could be wrong there?

To be sure that it don't affect on changes I made on the code, I installed a fresh 2.0 version and tried it also on opensourcecms-demo, all with the same effect .

Thanks for any advice
- Daniel
Interesting, this will need looking into. I thought to bump into this problem when I was developing a plugin as well. Thanks for bringing this up!
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
This is because i tried to remove the page-refresh after page deletion. The page is still moved into "Backups", so an undo is still possible... I just couldn't find a way to display the confirmation message via javascript. When you turn off JS, PHP takes over and the error message is displayed (and the page refreshes)
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
Is this behaviour different to them of upload.php? I compared both php-files, but I didn't see the difference. At upload.php the messages are shown as expected...
puhhh, today I had some time to step into the jquery API and this javascript to get a solution for this. Somehow I figured out to get the error or update message from the response and place it onto the current page:

Code:
$(".delconfirm").live("click", function() {

var message = $(this).attr("title");

var dlink = $(this).attr("href");

var answer = confirm(message);

var id=$(this).parents("tr").attr("id");

if (answer){

$('#loader').show();

$("#"+id).addClass('deletedrow');

$("#"+id).fadeOut(500, function(){

$.ajax({

type: "GET",

url: dlink,

success: function(response){

$("#"+id).remove();

$("#page_counter").html("");

if($("#pg_counter").length) {

counter=$("#pg_counter").html();

$("#pg_counter").html(counter-1);

}

$('table.paginate tr').quickpaginate( { perpage: 15, showcounter: true, pager : $("#page_counter") } );

//return false;

//******* added by dniesel:

if($(response).find('div.error').html()) {

$('div.bodycontent').before('<div class="error">'+ $(response).find('div.error').html() + '</div>'); }

if($(response).find('div.updated').html()) {

$('div.bodycontent').before('<div class="updated">'+ $(response).find('div.updated').html() + '</div>'); }

//******

}

});

$('#loader').fadeOut(500);

});

} else {

return false;

}

return false;

});
That worked perfectly... thank you very much!!
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!