Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Table format not applied
I set up a table on a regular page. In the editor it is displayed correctly (border, cellpadding, cellspacing) but on the site itself in the browser all these elements are missing. Where do I need to do changes? Some CSS thing?

Theme: Innovation
Nobody? Shouldn't be that complicated, right? There has to be a CSS override somewhere
(2013-02-06, 07:28:24)Cuby Wrote: Nobody? Shouldn't be that complicated, right? There has to be a CSS override somewhere

I never really used Innovation but when I have that kind of problem I use the Firefox Developer Tools or the Inspect Element option so that I can see what's going on. Did you try that?
Do you happen to have a link to your site we can look at? thanks
Are you actually setting styles on it or are assuming it will look like it does in ckeditor.
Ckeditor uses different default styles than your theme. If you want table styling you have to add it to your theme CSS.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
(2013-02-06, 13:05:35)shawn_a Wrote: Are you actually setting styles on it or are assuming it will look like it does in ckeditor.

Yes, I was assuming that. I added border, cellpadding, cellspacing and in the editor it worked.

(2013-02-06, 13:05:35)shawn_a Wrote: Ckeditor uses different default styles than your theme. If you want table styling you have to add it to your theme CSS.

Ok, I see. But where exactly in the style.css do I insert the table style for regular pages?
Quote:Ok, I see. But where exactly in the style.css do I insert the table style for regular pages?

just add it to the file.

I would add it at the end, because I always add my additions at the end of all definitions ;=)
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
(2013-02-07, 00:32:21)Connie Wrote:
Quote:Ok, I see. But where exactly in the style.css do I insert the table style for regular pages?

just add it to the file.

I would add it at the end, because I always add my additions at the end of all definitions ;=)

Well, I tried that, didn't work though.

But I found the problem now: there was a CSS override for numerous elements in reset.css (called HTML5 reset). I had to uncomment all the table related elements out of that list. Now changes in style.css and HTML files aplly. I wonder why noone here gave me a hint about that thing...

Anyway, so far I have to say GetSimple is a great product!
reset.css is very standard in html5 boilerplates. you have to override them via specivity or overrides.
You should read up on modern styling a bit.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix