Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The "What You Did Today" Thread
Just thought I would start one. Smile

What I did... recoded a PHP4 table driven script to work with PHP5 and XHTML/CSS standards.
Yep, layout tables all gone. SOOOOOO happy this project is completed.
Clients always want to be able to change the content of their pages, but they are unwilling to do so.

Have you ever coded in your underwear before?
I spent half the day trying to recover a users harddisk because he had an important presentation to make today. Only to find he had a copy of the presentation on the network and he really wanted his bloody music and movies... ass wipe....
My Github Repos: Github
folks - these are so far Off Topic it's almost twitter.
I ate a donut.
"Watching the game (Russia-Canada), having a Bud" Big Grin
n00dles101 Wrote:I spent half the day trying to recover a users harddisk because he had an important presentation to make today. Only to find he had a copy of the presentation on the network and he really wanted his bloody music and movies... ass wipe....

LOL, I've experienced this before. "Oh, since you got it fixed..."
Clients always want to be able to change the content of their pages, but they are unwilling to do so.

vsky Wrote:"Watching the game (Russia-Canada), having a Bud" Big Grin

A Bud?? haha, I cant drink that stuff. At least the game was OK depending on who you were rooting for. I didn't see this one, but I saw both the russia/slov and the canada/us game Sunday - those were great games.
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
My co-worker explained his preliminary design of a virtual message board to me. He can be very verbose so it took about two hours and I got a headache. Then I changed it so that it can easily be included into a user interface and now it shows messages which are stored in a database, too.
I have a client that wants 4 Wordpress sites. I am currently on number one, and I'm about to say adios to the other 3 sites. I really can't stand WordPress now. All I ask is simple PHP code work. NO!!!! Why should you be able to call the URL of the site inside a plugin? Sooooo, frustrating. Rolleyes

Today was the second day into a biology experiment. So I’ve been keeping an eye on the test subjects (human). As we are completely isolated from other people, sounds and daylight (also known as civilisation) my internet is pretty crappy at the moment.

Did not wanted to keep the fact that I’m having loads of fun sitting here: sleeping as little as possible, being forced to eat vegan food and all that because we thought it would be fun to lock up people.

Not really anything web related, it’s hard enough to load the forum.
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
Well.. my day went like this.. Googled a manga and read the entire thing, ate a sandwich, went to sleep after watching DBZ Kai episode 45. Woke up 48 minutes past the time I was going to wake up so I had to rush to get to work. Rode my bike in the snow. Yeah. Snow. Was soaked and annoyed, recoded some of ninkobb, answered my long list of instant messages, checked teefury to see the tee of the day, was impressed but not enough to buy it. I then began recoding another script I had started way back in the day only to become very very fervishly annoyed with coding and made another sandwich and watched The ugly truth. Good movie btw, I enjoyed it. Then I came here to see what was going on.
http://nijikokun.com
random stuff. idk.
Spent the last 4 hours trying to get a network printer working. My pay will consist of dinner. Now everyone knows why I do web development instead of networks.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
Funny i used to do pc/network support, got out of it cause i feared getting to stressed.. so decided on programming and design instead... Yeah.. good idea lol

My day was spent at work, and ended up leaving early with a major headache.

Signed up to a gym... ohh and now listening to music while relaxing. Yay me!
Nothing is too difficult... anything is possible.
'But you tried, and you failed.. the important thing? never try'
^ LOL, nobody can say that design is easy. To many variables, and too many clients wanting what you don't think is necessary.

Design is one of those things where everybody believes they're an expert on the principles of design.
I just want to inform everyone that upgrading a X-Cart powered website from version 4.1.10 to 4.3.1 SUCKS!!!
I could add tons of other useless information for you, but I just suggest staying away from X-Cart all together.

On subject with e-commerce carts, Zen-Cart sucks equally as much. I don't know how many times I've had to go through my clients database because a category was showing up blank. I would always have to find that 1 special product out of 100's and move it to a different category and it would work like a charm. :/

Oh, and I learned just now that I'm a GetSimple God. I guess I'm ruling over Chris and the Dev's. "DO AS I SAY!!!" Smile

Almost bought Castle on DVD, did some work, and waiting to go home! yay.

A lot of shopping carts suck. They just are too complex for the majority of uses, and then are too difficult to customise when you need to.

I shall bow to the god of GetSimple *bows*
Thank you my humble servant Wink

Castle is my favorite show on TV right now. I seem to only watch tv once every 2 weeks at that particular time.

I was a fan of OpenCart, but now it's bloated as well. However, the database is YEARS ahead of the other systems, not to mention that it IS on an MCV framework. However, it's too big for the typical person.

^^ hello:
messed up with some tricky alg with MATLAB.

cheers..
:/

--------------
Office Furniture
internet54 Wrote:Oh, and I learned just now that I’m a GetSimple God. I guess I’m ruling over Chris and the Dev’s. “DO AS I SAY!!!” Smile
*mumbles something about a God complex and sees whether he can change user titles*
internet54 Wrote:Thank you my humble servant Wink

Never thought someone other than me (or Zeg/Mike) would have ever gotten to the post limit for "God" haha. Well deserved though. If you've made 250 posts on here I feel you've deserved it.
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
^ I spend too much time on here. Smile

Now i need to make more posts damn it lol
Im working right now Big Grin it's not hard really.. just sitting... reading in a chair..
Put a snowball in the washer, watched it go round 'n round until it destroyed.
I hate snow.
8)
There's nothing more foolish than a man chasing his hat.