Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Invisible function call
Hello. In my site, a plugin function is called on every page using the default template file. I've checked the file, no call there. I then made a template file that only called the content, nothing else, had the minimum html tags, and somehow the function still got called. So I think its somewhere in the content, but I've even checked the xmls and the call isn't in there. I've really been tearing my hair out on this one. I've also disabled all other plugins but the one I'm working with.
Thank you in advance.
What theme are you using?
Check the function.php file inside that theme, that may give you a clue.
Hope this helps!
Also what version are you on?
Its possible that inactive plugins content filters are still running on older versions.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
Hi, thanks for your replies. I used the innovation theme as a base and worked off that. Its completely different now. I downloaded a zip of the website and searched through it for the plugin name, it only shows up where its being defined.

I'm on version 3.12

Thanks for your help guys.

Ah, heres something. If I change the name of the function with debug mode on It shows that its coming through the content filter. So its using the content embed rather than the php call. I searched for the content embed code and I didn't find it in any of my files. Stumped.
Thanks again
If you give us more information we can tell you.
What is happening exactly.

content filters are executed when you call get_page_content or one of the other content getters.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
Through this I've found my problem. I wasn't using an ob buffer in the function itself, even though I set it to false. Somehow it works. All this information was very helpful. Thank you. If I can figure out more why it went wrong Ill post code and an explanation for future use. Thanks all for your help.