Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would like to say Thank you
Smile

Thank you for GS.

I didn't like word press. Don't know why.
Tried Drupal. difficult to put it politely. PHP heavy. You have to get dug in and work with the PHP for everything.
Not so much a CMS as a PHP tutorial.

I have one site in Joomla that i will be moving over to GS.
Joomla is... BIG. If you do not use Joomla! on a daily basis. It is way too big. You use a plugin. Spend some time learning it. Come back a moth later and have to start over again.
Same with Joomla! itself. Spend more than a month away from a site, come back and try adding something to the menu! You have to start looking for stuff allover again.

So. Thank you for a small decent CMS.
you are very welcome. Thank you for the kind words!!
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
I cringe when I have to do a WordPress site now. I won't touch Joomla or Drupal. So what if they are capable of doing everything. I'm not gonna waste my time working with something so power hungry and then get in there with the client and they get lost.
Clients always want to be able to change the content of their pages, but they are unwilling to do so.

Have you ever coded in your underwear before?
I would like to join holesovice in saying thank you.

I was looking for a small but easy to use CMS. I didn't like WordPress, too, it was confusing to me. A few days ago I found GetSimple and I liked it from the beginning because I find it very clear.
I've built a website some years ago and now I want to redesign it...
thank you fireflower (and of course you too internet54). Comments like this keep me wanting to keep GS on the track it is now.... I'm extremely proud of the product and community that's been built.
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
you know what ?
merci !
marc
Hey ccagle8, you really can be proud. I found the language-file en_US.php today... is there already a German version anywhere? If not, I'd like to try and translate it...
Yes why not i must say Thank you very much......
east bay personal trainer
I agree. I´ve been testing some other lite CMS and GS is the best by now. It´s everything I was looking for; simple, fast, friendly and clean.

So... thanks a lot!. Keep up the good work.
Exactly! I have probably tried out all the CMS on the net, but in the end chose Get Simple for my own site. The biggest factor was the speed. There are similar CMS using XML out there, but they are confusing to use.
I was gonna write a topic just like this one...

Thanks so much. I was using sNews, which was okay, but... Lacked something...
My favourite part of GS is how easy it is to theme! I've tried wordpress, failed, sNews was just a joke but this one is awesome! I had a decent theme up and running in about ~3 hours (and I don't know much CSS/HMTL)...

So thankyou. This is the best CMS I've even seen. I love how simple it is Smile. Yeah, I'm rapt (happy). Thanks!
GetSimple = awesome :). My GS website
Thanks all members. chicago condo