Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Innovation theme: Moving sidebar
Innovation is a great theme, but I wanna do some modifications.

I want to sidebar to keep scrolling with the page because I use it as main navigation. How can I do that?

Further I'd like the white space of the articles to go down continuously so that there's no grey footer stopping it in the end.

Any hints?
Why don't you google CSS for those.

Try position fixed for the sidebar.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
(2013-02-08, 12:36:00)shawn_a Wrote: Why don't you google CSS for those.

Try position fixed for the sidebar.

i did, it's not so easy. thanks for the fixed position tip. i got that running quickly. but i just can't make the white space in the middle take over all the screen height. i tried i.e. body height 100%, but theres always a piece of html background at the bottom. and just increasing min height of article is a bad solution that makes the user's scrollbar grow.
tried to get it away for abt 1 hour now!
i customized the innovation theme quite a lot now. but i'm starting to realize that there's appearently no way make the body height = browser height with css or html.
Surly there is a way but you probably have to add a wrapper somewhere.
I have not looked at it.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
check your grids. It's likely that it's your html/css setup. Innovation is good, and you can customize it a great deal. and you can make your theme 100% browser height with proper CSS and using that CSS styling properly in your html. This can be done with any theme provided there's not php or javascript adding space or formatting you don't want. It takes time but if you're persistent you'll get it to do what you want. I recommend moving to a responsive CSS framework like bootstrap or foundation. It's easier to shape what you want with a clearly defined grid system.