Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The GetSimple Wiki
The Wiki is working again! Nobody said. I take it that is shovenose quietly fixing stuff.

I am going to make it my business to improve the GS wiki. I would welcome help, suggestions and input. Nothing will happen quickly but I have in mind to do the following:

Go through everything that is there deleting old and redundant stuff from past versions.

Reorganise all the remaining page and section links on the front page so that we might have
  1. Get Started or How-tos or Tutorials
  2. Reference, backend functions tab by tab
  3. Developer guide
or some other broad divisions of purpose.

Edit, improve, supplement, and rewrite page by page

With the intention of creating more accessible up-to-date, useful and user friendly documentaion for GS.

Maybe I will invite comments and corrections on the forum. The first issue to think about is what should be included in the wiki and how should it be arranged.
@timbow, yeah sorry we got it working at the weekend. Forgot to publish it on the main forum...

If you need help with anything let us know.

We'll probably need some CSS changes to fix up the Table of Contents etc.. as they look a bit of a mess at the moment...
My Github Repos: Github
(2013-02-27, 21:16:29)n00dles101 Wrote: @timbow, yeah sorry we got it working at the weekend. Forgot to publish it on the main forum...

If you need help with anything let us know.

We'll probably need some CSS changes to fix up the Table of Contents etc.. as they look a bit of a mess at the moment...

It will be really good to have an editable wiki again. there is lots of good stuff there but you are right it is just a jumble of pages atm.

I will see how I get on with the regular wiki formatting as is before thinking about css. Don't know how you back it up if I make a lot of changes.
It would be phantastic to have the trace positioned on a prominent place, maybe ontop + below the post.

In the moment you are lost when you stepped to an article, no good navigation and orientation, which made me feel cranky quite often in the last time...

cheers, and thank you for adopting the wiki-care ;=)

Connie
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
You, cranky? I can't believe that. ;-)

It is a good thought, about the trace

Can I translate and plagiarise some of your German pages?
Timbow,

just take what you need from Get-Simple.de, it's open source ;=)

me cranky or crazy? yes, sometimes...
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
What about translations similar the wiki of DokuWiki (www.dokuwiki.org)?

Or has for example the German support to be found at www.get-simple.de?
(2013-03-01, 00:23:48)Psychosopher Wrote: ...

Or has for example the German support to be found at www.get-simple.de?

volunteers, join the project! I will not be able to take care of a wiki alone, but I can set up a wiki and some of us can register and help to complete it

must think about it,

but now I go and celebrate, this is my 2500th posting!!!! CoolTongue
|--

(2013-03-01, 02:30:09)Connie Wrote: but now I go and celebrate, this is my 2500th posting!!!! CoolTongue

Congratulations! That's a good beginning. Wink
As I see the start, a new part of the site should be opened and called, say, Timbow's wiki Big Grin as long as he is going to be the bossBig Grin.This should be a place where the rewritten wiki evolves.

If you want to have around someone who could translate wiki articles in Russian I am available since the last decade of April. Just imagine, if we could have a wiki in three or five languages (plus German,French,Spanish or whatever)!