Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strange problem
Hi all, I have a really strange problem and unable to see or find any fixes.

Ok, my problem is that on of my family members goes onto my website and finds that the texts have duplicated itself.
My setup on the webpage is 2 page contents in 1 single page. Meaning I have the get_page_content() and getpagecontent('slogin').

The getpagecontent is conflicting and duplicating itself in the get_page_content() page.

Now, I have tried to get this error but it looks totally fine. I had other people try it and looks totally fine. My family member was using her work and phone browser and it was the same error for her. She stated that Googleing the webpage would make this happen and typing in the URL itself makes everything work!

Yes, very confusing! I was at first and wasnt to sure what was actually happening.

So, just a summary -
I have the code
PHP Code:
<?php get_page_content(); ?>
and have another code
PHP Code:
<?php getpagecontent('home'); ?>
. I placed this extra code to allow 2 pages within 1 page.

This error was found on the Galaxy S2 (same as mine which I did not have any errors) and was also found on Internet Explorer.

I did however add the generated sitemap.xml to google web master tool to allow Google to find the website. I was only testing.
Here is the link - http://zoedebbiewhiteley.net16.net/.

Any ideas why this error is only on 1 persons phone and computer and not other peoples?

Thanks,

Shane
uhh, why do you want to have two pages in one page?

<?php get_page_content(); ?> is showing what's posted on that page.

Anyway, I don't see a problem with that page. Although I think the font size is too big, but that isn't a technical problem.
Yes, that's why I am using the getpagecontent('slogan') to allow multiple pages within 1 page.
The reason for this is because I want different text boxes in different places, as the website shows.
I could use components but decided to use pages as I can use multiple users to deny permissions to areas which the user may mess a few things up.

Now that's the problem, I and other people cannot see the problem at all but why and how is the problem coming from, its strange.

Just to add also - The theme was a 5 minutes hook up and will not be the final template. I will be using maybe Zurb to create the newest theme but thats another story.

Would you think that the getpagecontent('slogan') and get_page_content are conflicting with each other? even though they both have different custom URLs etc.

(2013-03-02, 07:53:30)datiswous Wrote: uhh, why do you want to have two pages in one page?

<?php get_page_content(); ?> is showing what's posted on that page.

Anyway, I don't see a problem with that page. Although I think the font size is too big, but that isn't a technical problem.
get_page_content() outputs the current pages content, whereas getPageConten(slug); gets another pages content.

The problem your seeing is more than likely a cache problem on the browser as all your output is server side and is bieng rendered correctly.

Try clearing your cache on IE and S3 and see if that solves it.
My Github Repos: Github
Yes, thats what I thought.

However, after cleaning the cache on the S2 phone, there was no luck!
The only thing I can think of is that the IE is an older version and the S2 wasn't clearing the cache properly.

I will have a look into the cache side and hopefully will work. I was hoping it wasn't the site.

(2013-03-02, 08:47:06)n00dles101 Wrote: get_page_content() outputs the current pages content, whereas getPageConten(slug); gets another pages content.

The problem your seeing is more than likely a cache problem on the browser as all your output is server side and is bieng rendered correctly.

Try clearing your cache on IE and S3 and see if that solves it.