Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need help changing default site language
Hello. I need some help with changing the frontend default language of the site. I a using the I18N plugin to make my site in 4 diferent languages.
PHP Code:
sq_AL
en_US
it_IT
ro_RO 
I am trying to make the default language of the site from en_US in sq_AL . I tried to add
PHP Code:
$LANG "sq_AL"
in gsconfig but it wasn't working.
Some help?
Thanks in advance
(2013-03-03, 22:04:58)Alb Wrote: Hello. I need some help with changing the frontend default language of the site. I a using the I18N plugin to make my site in 4 diferent languages.
PHP Code:
sq_AL
en_US
it_IT
ro_RO 
I am trying to make the default language of the site from en_US in sq_AL . I tried to add
PHP Code:
$LANG "sq_AL"
in gsconfig but it wasn't working.
Some help?
Thanks in advance

You have to set the default language (2 letters, e.g. "sq") in the "view all pages" view in the administration. But it will not change existing pages: if you previously had the default language "en", I18N will just assume that all the default language pages are in albanian (although in reality they are still english).
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
I already did that but is not working, the index pages are still displayed in English beside the changes I make to the language. I tried to put sq, ro, it but it displayed the pages in English.
Maybe is a problem of cache?