Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Timezone bug
I'm trying to do a fresh new installation of GetSimple 3.2.0 but getting a weird error. I've done no modifications to any of the files. Browser cache & cookies cleared. This occur on all browsers.

Quote:© 2009-
Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Los_Angeles' for 'PST/-8.0/no DST' instead in /home/###/public_html/###/admin/template/footer.php on line 17
2013 GetSimple CMS

A fresh installation of GetSimple 3.0 doesn't give me this error. If I install version 3.2.0, I'm unable to login in the admin section.

Anyone else getting this error on a fresh installation?
Your server has php errors on, this is a php warning. It should not cause any problems.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
Once I install 3.2.0, I get the following error when I try to log in the admin (and then reverts back to the login screen). This is a fresh install.

Quote:Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Los_Angeles' for 'PST/-8.0/no DST' instead in /home/####/public_html/####/admin/inc/logging.class.php on line 49

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/####/public_html/####/admin/inc/logging.class.php:49) in /home/####/public_html/####/admin/inc/cookie_functions.php on line 23

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/####/public_html/####/admin/inc/logging.class.php:49) in /home/####/public_html/####/admin/inc/cookie_functions.php on line 24

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/####/public_html/####/admin/inc/logging.class.php:49) in /home/####/public_html/####/admin/inc/login_functions.php on line 71
This is usually an issue with permissions.
This has been posted before let me see if I can find it.

Also try clearing sites cookies.

Or turn off php errors and see if it works.
You can also set your timezone in your gsconfig file and see if that helps. Problem is your server is not providing a timezone in your php ini file.
Updating the php.ini file did the trick. Thanks for the help!

Quote:date.timezone = America/New_York