Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I had an almost funny problem today
For the last 2 or 3 hours I tried to install one more Get Simple under my hosting plan and ended up with 3 or maybe 4 new passwords, that were send by email to me after my original was rejected a few times. The new site was www.helcan.com/waa-Greeks/ and my original user was KostasLaz with a password xeseMesaC which was rejected and almost immediately I received a new User and Pass (user kostaslaz and password CqURrQ This combination did not work and I requested a new password which arrived very soon as 3rHSYU. There was one more new password deal, which did not work either, so I ma now heading for the third change, which I did not request yet.
I am sure it was not my error, since especially in this case, I copied both user and pass from my list and then did a simple paste on line. I think something else is going on, and I am getting ready to give up totally. Since I have a couple of other getsimple installed in my sites, I thought that maybe cache was interfering and created the problem. But I tried it many time and in many possible combinations with always failure.
There is nothing I can do except maybe to move this site in to a different location.
Your suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Costas - Kostas
The Greek from Toronto

Before ending this article I received the following if it means anything:

http://www.helcan.com/waa-Greeks/admin/r...ssword.php

CSRF detected!
Not sure what you are reporting here.
Goto admin click reset password. Close browser page.
Wait for email go back to login and enter the new password.

Of not does not work let us know what version and check you reset file in the user directory this will be an sha1 of your random password.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix