Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Persistent error detecting folder permissions
Sad 
Hi!

I'm installing get simple again, it smells like a Sleepy new project! But I've found a Huh trouble. During the pre installation checking process, the assistent let me know that I need to change /data and /backups permissions to 755 or 777.

I've done, not once but five times at least! I uploaded all folders and files again... and nothing. Angry The message perssists!

http://born8.net/gs/admin/install.php

Confused Anyone can let me a hand, please!

Thanks!

Biringanya

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Perpetual learner trying to solve problems throught web design.
The error is pretty generic, did you check the subfolders as well.
After you change permissions and refresh, does it do the same thing ?
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
(2013-03-12, 03:41:01)shawn_a Wrote: The error is pretty generic, did you check the subfolders as well.
After you change permissions and refresh, does it do the same thing ?

Hi Shawn_a,

Yes, I changed permissions for all subfolders. First to 755, then to 777. I refresh both, ftp and browser. Actually I remove all filesystem and upload everything again, changing the permissions before trying to execute installation assistant.

I've installed Get Simple twice or three times before and never found any problem since now!

Wow! Magically solved!
Time has fixed it!

Thanks!
You should not have kept uploading, just change the permissions and refresh the install page.
There is one of the bigger uk hosting companies that does something odd with its chmod thing whereby it looks like you have changed the permissions then you come back and they aren't changed and GS throws up errors but still works, but only up to a point. The bloke on support explained to me that they are 'different' . I don't remember how. Different like Internet Explorer is different maybe. easily.co.uk , avoid.
Yeah my previous host many years ago was like that. My permissions would randomly change so would my file owners. Im sure there was some reasoning to it, but it was damn annoying.
Yes, it's strange behavior, isn't it.
But know is all right... I'll keep an eye on the folfer's permissions.

Thanks again!