Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GSkeleton
GSkeleton Theme in Extend

This is the responsive boilerplate Skeleton made ready for GetSimple.
Quote:A Beautiful Boilerplate for Responsive, Mobile-Friendly Development
Skeleton is a small collection of CSS files that can help you rapidly develop sites that look beautiful at any size, be it a 17" laptop screen or an iPhone.

I have added a nav menu and a footer with minimal styling so the theme works straight out of the box, but the intention is that it should be used as a basis for building, editing and restyling.

The Skeleton code is much, much simpler than Bootstrap. there is no jquery and no javascript, just a nice efficient css grid which is easy to use and edit. Ideal for GetSimple, and really good for making existing sites responsive.

There is a good short beginners tutorial and introduction here:
http://designshack.net/articles/css/buil...-skeleton/

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

GSkeleton demo site is up.

GSkeleton Demo
Great work, Timbow. Thanks!
Updated V1.1 uploaded today:

Removed a margin-top declaration which had caused me grief. All skeleton block elements have only bottom spacing for a good reason it turns out.

Removed some inline style declarations and put them in the css where they belong.

Also gave the template some html5 nomenclature: 'section', 'nav', 'aside' etc.
Thanks for maintaining it. It's a great base theme.
(2013-09-28, 17:10:48)Carlos Wrote: Thanks for maintaining it. It's a great base theme.

A pleasure. I like it, although I find that three css files can be confusing sometimes
You beat me to it Timbow!!! I was thinking about doing this too Smile Nice work!!!
Lovely work!

A few suggestions though. Look through your CSS for font: where you mean font-family: (there are a few mistakes).

And, think about including a blank custom.css file with a reference in the template.

That way people will have a good place for their customizations that won't overwrite your template CSS.

My site based on GSkeleton: http://sjc.sdf.org
(2013-10-04, 21:41:01)stevenjaycohen Wrote: Lovely work!

A few suggestions though. Look through your CSS for font: where you mean font-family: (there are a few mistakes).

And, think about including a blank custom.css file with a reference in the template.

That way people will have a good place for their customizations that won't overwrite your template CSS.

My site based on GSkeleton: http://sjc.sdf.org

Thanks Steven, although most of the work is not even mine. I only added a few lines to the css files to make a nav menu and a footer, so that you had a complete page to start a project with in GS.

I would be very grateful if you could point out any mistakes. If I could see them I would have fixed them. font: (not font-family:) is correct. You made me look it up. It's for grouping shorthand declarations; like background: instead of background-color: background-image: etc.

The Skeleton files already include a blank css named layout.css. It's where I always write the site-specific code.

I enjoyed your site.
I didn't even bother opening layout.css figuring that it had 16 columns stuff in it (since that seemed like layout to me). That was why I added a custom.css.

Oh well, live and learn.

(2013-10-05, 02:17:37)Timbow Wrote: Thanks Steven, although most of the work is not even mine. I only added a few lines to the css files to make a nav menu and a footer, so that you had a complete page to start a project with in GS.

I would be very grateful if you could point out any mistakes. If I could see them I would have fixed them. font: (not font-family:) is correct. You made me look it up. It's for grouping shorthand declarations; like background: instead of background-color: background-image: etc.

The Skeleton files already include a blank css named layout.css. It's where I always write the site-specific code.

I enjoyed your site.
http://youtu.be/_aSpFCjJvZg

Don't know where the text editor and the css classes are. Looks more like something very dangerous on a tea tray, but that Amy Williams is pure class.
FYI
Skeleton 2.0 has been released (and is being maintained again)
(2014-12-14, 19:25:08)Carlos Wrote: FYI

Thanks Carlos that's good news. We will have to get the GetSimple version out pronto and see if we can get links off the Skeleton site.
(2014-12-15, 04:09:02)Timbow Wrote:
(2014-12-14, 19:25:08)Carlos Wrote: FYI

Thanks Carlos that's good news. We will have to get the GetSimple version out pronto and see if we can get links off the Skeleton site.

Any progress on updating GSskelton?

Regards
Chris
GSkeleton2: http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread.php?tid=6978
Thanks
Chris