Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Login problems
I'm having some problems logging into a new set up of GetSimple 2.0. I was initially having some installation problems and followed the advice of commenting out lines 126-145 and 171-185 of the admin/install.php file which seemed to work fine. But after setting up the details of the site and having the login details emailed to me, the login info doesn't seem to work. I get no error message saying the username/password is incorrect.... it just refreshes the page every time I log in. Any ideas how to fix this?
update ... the login seems to work fine with FireFox 3.6 ... just not Safari 4.04. BUT the HTML editor does not work in Firefox....
justin Wrote:I get no error message saying the username/password is incorrect
that means that the cookie is not being set correctly. Not really sure how to correct this... do you have any safari plugins that might reject certain cookies? Google Chrome uses the same webkit as Safari - does that work?
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
i just downloaded and tried Google Chrome and that didn't work either. I'm not using anything that blocks cookies or anything else... just a default installation. it's strange because it was working fine when i was developing locally using MAMP
what happens when you use "reset password"?
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
I'm having the same problem... After a fresh installation I'm not able to manage the site because always is redirecting me to the login form (Control Panel Login). This happen working in Ubuntu 10.04 with Firefox 3.6, but when I do the same in Internet Explorer 8, everything is fine!

Hope this helps!
Could you create an echo statement to print out the cookie that is being set? This would help determine what the problem is.
Clients always want to be able to change the content of their pages, but they are unwilling to do so.

Have you ever coded in your underwear before?
internet54 Wrote:Could you create an echo statement to print out the cookie that is being set? This would help determine what the problem is.
I think I don't have the knowledge enough to do this, can you explain it a little bit more please?

After some tests, something curious happens when I change default pass. The thing is after change I'm not able to use the software anymore and I'm redirected to URLs like this:

http://<mysite>/getsimple/admin/admin/admin/admin/admin/admin/admin/admin/admin/admin/admin/admin/admin/admin/admin/admin/admin/admin/admin/admin/install.php

I have reinstalled two times and the same in both cases

Regards
Would you allow someone FTP access to debug the problem? This happened every once in a while on 1.7.1 and it appears to still have an issue.
Clients always want to be able to change the content of their pages, but they are unwilling to do so.

Have you ever coded in your underwear before?
I’ve seen two reasons for an infinite redirect like that on the forum.
  • Accented (or any non-latin) character in the site name,
  • or a wrongly defined domain name.
Is it still only certain browsers that don’t allow you access? Because that would be a whole new problem then.
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
@internet54 I'm sorry but I'm not allowed to give external access to the server where I'm currently working... I will try to install a virtual machine for testing purposes and I could create an account for you.

@Zenát I've tried to remove the tilde on one of title words and now everything seems to work fine in Internet Explorer. In Firefox I'm still getting some problems, but by the way is ok for me to work in IE and later I'll spend some time to find what is causing the fail.

Thanks a lot to all of you for your help!

Ciao ciao
djlinux Wrote:I’ve tried to remove the tilde on one of title words and now everything seems to work fine in Internet Explorer. In Firefox I’m still getting some problems, but by the way is OK for me to work in IE and later I’ll spend some time to find what is causing the fail.
Sounds like that was the problem then. The next version of GetSimple should support the use of non-latin characters though so that will be worth waiting for! Did you clear your cache in Firefox? Maybe it’s just hanging on to a faulty cookie or something, what browser you’re using should not affect the login process unless you’re blocking cookies all together.
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
I had the same problems as the OP with blank install page. I commented out lines 126-145 and 171-185 of the admin/install.php and it worked but when I finish the install it redirects me to the login page. When I tested GS on localhost with XAMPP everything worked fine and it redirected me to the admin panel already logged in.

Trying to login without password redirects to blank page. GD lib is not installed on the server. Could this be the issue?