Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Solved] cannot login with webkit-based browsers
Hello,
obviously login to the adminstration is not possible with webkit-based browsers.
Safari on MacOS, Chromium on Ubuntu, Chrome on Android failed.
No error messages, simply the login page is presented anew.
Is there a solution?
Greetings
First ever report of this, if I had to guess you have a fatal php error throwing a 500 error
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
Thank you shawn_a for your feedback "first ever report of this".
No, there was no "500" error thrown. Simple reason was, that the time-synchronisation on my test-server was not working properly. Interesting, that FF and IE show no problem with that, but webkit-based browsers.
Greetings
Was there any error with debug on?
I had a minor glitch as well but with log in restrictions

Shawn, as you know I was using your (if_logged_in) php snippet to hide the site for visitors not logged in. Which works by the way.

Upon checking this in safari I encountered a strange behavior. I'm merely pointing this out though I suspect this isn't an issue.

If I navigate to my site normally I'm presented with the php die message because I'm not logged in. Obviously.

I then log in, which then does takes me to the back-end admin but upon clicking the site in the upper left to see the site - I'm presented with the dies message.

This happened with the maintenance plugin as well so I deactivated it and used the php snippet.

For some reason if I close out the windows and repeat the process...the behavior goes away.
Sounds like a browser caching issue.