Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Simple Bug - File Manager
This is an easy once, in the files area.

When you have an uploaded file, and mouse over the link, the title tag has a ? at the end.

Also love that you can upload a file, and upload over it. Allows 'updating' to be much simpler.
Nothing is too difficult... anything is possible.
'But you tried, and you failed.. the important thing? never try'
Also in relation to uploaded file, in the page editor is there a way to directly link to that uploaded file?
Because otherwise it's difficult for not technical people. As they've uploaded their image or document, and then they can't find where to link it to. Some people are too 'special' to check the URL of the link in the files tab.
That confusing question mark (which actually has a meaning if you read like this: "View file ...?") also appears in the delete link.

By the way, the bug report section is here. And you can edit your posts by clicking the Edit link at the bottom-right of your post.
I didn't place it in bugs as it was a combination of a bug and some questions. Figured it worked best under beta as using r3 of 2.1
crashfellow Wrote:When you have an uploaded file, and mouse over the link, the title tag has a ? at the end.
baris Wrote:That confusing question mark (which actually has a meaning if you read like this: "View file ...?") also appears in the delete link.
And baris mentioned the exact reason for the question mark, you have to read the complete title-attribute as a question. Whether this makes sense in the view file context is a different matter.

crashfellow Wrote:Also in relation to uploaded file, in the page editor is there a way to directly link to that uploaded file?
Currently there is not. Talk has been going around concerning a better browser integration with the editor—especially for images—but nothing has been built into GetSimple yet. You are of course free to built a plugin that will enable this.
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
Thanks for replying Smile

Yeah i thought the question mark was confusing for me... like i get how it could make sense, but not the usual way of doing it hey.

But you guys to CKEditor as your editor customised yeah? cause i know that has the ability to link to uploaded files. Unless i'm wrong there on the content editor.
The only reason i mention it, is i think the system is generally built to be simple, and currently that's the only thing i saw which seems complicated.

i wouldn't mind making it as a plugin; once i get my head around GS plugin system. I also wanted to create an image upload using jcrop plugin to allow the customisation of images (crop wise) and the creation of thumbnails for those images with the settings for it in the admin area under settings.
Additionally the ? could only be used if you didn't use the :

As View File: NAME isn't a question.

View file name? <== question
But yeah for CK theres usually a 'browse server' button which could be enabled perhaps?
browse server is unfortunately a licensed software app: http://ckfinder.com/purchase
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
Weird that's it's in the free wordpress plugin :-S

Ohh man that sucks.... like for something that is as simple as it is, i'm suprised they actually charge for it :-S
crashfellow Wrote:Weird that's it's in the free wordpress plugin
Sounds like an illegal (as in, license breaking) WordPress plugin to me then. You might want to contact the plugin developer. If you read through the CKFinder license you’ll find this:
Quote:If you did not pay for a license, you may use unlicensed copies of CKFinder for the exclusive purpose of demonstration.
So it could be used by people even without paying. On the other hand I feel like this part would restrict you from taking your demo version and intergrate it in any plugin or otherwise published script (emphasis added by me):
Quote:CKFinder shall be used only for evaluation purposes and may not be used or disclosed for any other purposes, including without limitation, external distribution or software development.
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
Fair enough Zeg Smile you'd hope there's no funny business going on! cause that would suck...