Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uploading in IIS
I've successfully installed GetSimple 3.2.0 in IIS, but the uploading feature does not work. It goes through the motions but never uploads a file.

The health check URL shows up as OK for all checks, and I've verified that "Everyone" has write access to the uploads folder. I've also tried disabling the "uploadify" within the gsconfig.php file.

Any ideas of what I should try next? I know it's not "officially" supported to host through IIS, but I've gotten everything else to work.

Thanks!
hmm not really sure. Error logs say anything ?
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
I think this is caused by the unix type '/' slashes used in uploadify.

I don't have any IIS servers to test on any more. But I think changing upload-uploadify.php and
changing and occurrences of "/" to DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR should do the trick. specifically lines 28,30 & 51

If that works we can add it to the next release.
My Github Repos: Github
I tried changing the lines as n00dles101 suggested:

$targetPath = (isset($_POST['path'])) ? GSDATAUPLOADPATH.$_POST['path'].DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR : GSDATAUPLOADPATH;

$targetFile = str_replace('//',DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR,$targetPath) . $name;

$path = (isset($_POST['path'])) ? $_POST['path'].DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR : "";

And the log shows this error: (You can see how the path is incorrect)

[05-Apr-2013 08:29:37 America/Chicago] PHP Warning: getimagesize(C:\Users\asharpe\Documents\Projects\Hollander\GetSimpleCMS_3.2.0/data/uploads/logo.gif): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\Users\asharpe\Documents\Projects\Hollander\GetSimpleCMS_3.2.0\admin\upload-uploadify.php on line 66
C:\Users\asharpe\Documents\Projects\Hollander\GetSimpleCMS_3.2.0
/data/uploads/logo.gif

slashes are wrong
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
add a line after this one:

$targetFile = str_replace('//',DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR,$targetPath) . $name;

with this

$targetFile = str_replace('/',DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR,$targetPath) . $name;
I've made the updates you suggested, and this is the error I'm getting:

[10-Apr-2013 10:37:40 America/Chicago] PHP Warning: chmod(): No such file or directory in C:\Users\asharpe\Documents\Projects\Hollander\GetSimpleCMS_3.2.0\admin\upload-uploadify.php on line 40

Line 40 is: chmod($targetFile, 0644);

[10-Apr-2013 10:37:40 America/Chicago] PHP Warning: getimagesize(C:\Users\asharpe\Documents\Projects\Hollander\GetSimpleCMS_3.2.0\data\uploads\logo.gif): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\Users\asharpe\Documents\Projects\Hollander\GetSimpleCMS_3.2.0\admin\upload-uploadify.php on line 6

The path looks correct now as my slashes are all the correct way for IIS.

It looks like it simply isn't uploading the file, so it's having a problem changing the permissions, resizing it, and creating the thumbnail as a result. Is there any other debugging I can turn on to see more of what's happening?

I would really like to get this to work, since I have to find a simple CMS system that will work across 100+ sites hosted in IIS, and after trying several other CMS's, Get-Simple has worked the best so far. Thanks for all your help!
I'll take a look when I'm back in work tomorrow for you (have an IIS server installed now)
That would be awesome! Also, when I disable Uploadify and try an upload, it displays this error message on the page:

Error: There was a problem with the file upload
Any update to this issue? I would really like to use this CMS if I can get this feature to work.