Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to integrate a forum (punbb) into a GetSimple page
Question 
Hi all,

I wanna include the punbb forum into my website and I've no idea how to do that... does anyone know the right start for this or has anybody an idea/hint for that? Should I include the index file of the forum as a component in Getsimple? I've no idea Undecided
Read this wiki page: http://punbb.informer.com/wiki/punbb13/integration
and try to add any punbb widget to your template

At least that's how I'd start the adventure.
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
Thanks, I'll start the adventure...
We switched from PunBB to MyBB on our site. I recommend you do the same Wink Integration wasn't hard at all, we simply used a header and footer plugin and then customized the body.
Okay, then I will use MyBB. Have you used the MyBBIntegrator Extension for integration? The problem is I don't know how to include the Forum into my template at a certain position between header and footer... just via include...? With MyBBIntegrator I get the following error, think it's a discontinued extension:

Cannot redeclare redirect() (previously declared in...

I also found the header/footer plugin for MyBB, how have you configured it? My footer/header are dynamically generated by GS. Just don't know how to connect my template with the forum in an elegant (dynamic) way.
No ideas anymore?

I know how to do that with static headers/footers, but not for dynamic ones... does this get-simple page also has static headers/footers?
Hmmm... thing is, here we have a sitewide header and footer referenced in the forum, in the blog, in the wiki, in Extend, in everything. However that's not the standard way GS is set up. Honesetly I'm not sure how you'd achieve this.
I am sure mybb/punbb has instructions on how to embed it in sites. you probably just include some files and call a function, you would probably do this in a template or component.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix