Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Changes & Updates
Hello everyone! For those community members that may not know me, I am Chris, the original developer of GetSimple. Last year about this time I took a step back from GS b/c of serious time-constraints. Today, I probably have even less time, but the GS site is in some serious need of TLC.

The staff here at GS has done an exemplary job at keeping things alive while I have been gone, so kudos to them.

Some things that will change shortly:

1. Site design tweaking. Things have gotten a little out of whack and stale, so I plan on doing some work to spruce up the house a little.

2. Extend tweaking. This has done a great job so far, but things could be better. Look for some improvements here around UI and usability.

3. Probably some other minor updates that I can't remember at the moment.

Anyway, just wanted to say "Hi!" to everyone again, and I look forward to being a part of the community again.
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
Might want to read the staff forums on extend and GSSW, I have made some minor modifications to the downloads method using a component and a redirector template so links can be managed in GS and not .htaccess files. And some of the taglines moved to components. Ideally the entire site would be refactored into GS as plugins and components, extend, ratings, forums etc.

Right now forums has a shitty header footer plugin, which is ok for now, but breaks stuff.

Extend was modified to use a new forum global include, it needs a few more admin groups added for admin and the admin link was lost in the sidebar accidently, noodles sent me the original but i have not had a chance to add it back in. The admin pages are still available and work i beleive.

There are some external calls to a database or something failing also.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
Welcome back Chris, you've been missed and your cool coding can't be replaced.
Nice to see you here, Chris. Welcome back!
Thanks Carlos & Dave
- Chris

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
Welcome back Chris.
Thanks Matt!
- Chris