Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not Getting Password Reset Emails
I've clicked the password reset link and I'm not getting the emails. I used to get them as I have a few of them in my inbox from previous resets. I confirmed that my email address is correct in the admin.xml file.

Any reason why it wouldn't be sending the emails?
You mean on the forum here? Or your GS sites?
(2013-04-17, 23:41:51)shovenose Wrote: I will investigate and see what is going wrong.

Thank you. I'm currently locked out of my site. I thought I could pull the password from the admin.xml file, but not having luck with that either. Thanks so much!
I replied that because I thought you meant this forum Sad but I can't help if you mean your own GS website. Sorry!
(2013-04-17, 23:45:37)shovenose Wrote: I replied that because I thought you meant this forum Sad but I can't help if you mean your own GS website. Sorry!

Yeah, it's my own site. I'm not getting the password reset emails and I've confirmed that the email address is correct.

When I look at admin.xml, I see a 40 character string as the password. But when I try that as the password, it doesn't work. Previous password reset emails had 9-character strings as the password. Any idea as to how to get back in?
Be sure to check your spam folder, also change your gsconfig email to one that you are allowed to send as, or on your domain.

Your password is sha1 hashed, you can make your own and stick it in the file, assuming you turn gs login salt off if you have it on.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
(2013-04-18, 00:09:35)shawn_a Wrote: Be sure to check your spam folder, also change your gsconfig email to one that you are allowed to send as, or on your domain.

Your password is sha1 hashed, you can make your own and stick it in the file, assuming you turn gs login salt off if you have it on.

I checked my spam folder and nothing's there.

Right now, the email from address in gsconfig is set to "noreply@get-simple.info". So I should change that to an email that exists on my domain, right? Could it be my own email address?

Yeah, after doing a little research, I figured that out. Right now, in gsconfig, GSLOGINSALT is defined as 'your_unique_phrase'. Is that where I turn it off?

I found a website that will convert a text string to a SHA-1 hash. If I go there, convert the password I want to a SHA-1 hash, and then put that hash in the <PWD></PWD> of my admin.xml file, should my password then work?
It should but you will have to comment out the login salt when loggin in with it.
There are ways to generate the sha1 with the salt, it is described somewhere in forums or wiki.

Someone needs to make a guide for this.
(2013-04-18, 00:31:14)shawn_a Wrote: It should but you will have to comment out the login salt when loggin in with it.
There are ways to generate the sha1 with the salt, it is described somewhere in forums or wiki.

Someone needs to make a guide for this.

I just used the website SHA-1 Hash Maker to create a hash for my password. I replaced the hash in admin.xml with the new hash and then tried my password and it worked!!! Hallelujah!!!
Sounds like your salt is not enabled if it has # in front of it and says the default stuff.