Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hosting Change
Everyone, this is an FYI that we had a hosting change this morning and we are now on MediaTemple's servers. More details to follow about this whole fiasco...
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
Hey Chris,

I don't know if you guy's noticed but it's not possible at the moment to download the latest stable version of GetSimple from http://dl.shovenet.com/getsimple/GetSimpleCMS_3.2.0.zip

The files located at Extent also seem to be unreachable.

If you already know this please ignore my post Smile

With kind regards,

Naroy
Alternative download (GitHub repository):
https://github.com/GetSimpleCMS/GetSimpl...v3.2.0.zip
Extend appears to be totally out of action still.

Something tells me this has not been a happy episode. I see one member of the 'Team' has been banned from the forum.
We are working to resolve all issues associated with the move.

More information will come.

Thank you for your patience.
JWH Technologies
Have any marketing ideas for Get-Simple? Let me hear them!
Until the Extend-not-working issue is fixed, you can search for plugins, themes, etc (and download them) using Google. For example, I want to get I18N Search, so I google this:

Code:
site:get-simple.info inurl:extend i18n search

and browse the cache version of the page.
Have to say, I was expecting this situation when hosting was changed. He seemed a little too casual about a lot of things, and I wouldn't be surprised if he has a backdoor or two for this website set up.
Modern UI Admin for GetSimple
Watch the demo. Install this plugin. Use this CSS. Enjoy.
Hello,
To clarify a couple things:
1. It was my decision for my company to no longer host get-simple.info. I took a backup, closed the account, sent the backup to Chris Cagle, and provided some assistance afterward as far as restoring the backups elsewhere.
2. I don't have any "Back Doors" into the site. I know the admin password for the GS install of this website, however I would not go in and change anything. But if you don't trust me go ahead and change that.
3. GetSimple is a great CMS and I'm going to continue using it for clients and some of my sites, as well as recommending it. I'm not going to leave the community, and I look forward seeing where it goes in the community.
4. I do not appreciate what sal said in the post above this. Perhaps he/she does not understand how much work it is to run a web hosting company. Go ahead and continue using the free hosting in your signature, but don't accuse me of maliciously putting backdoors in the site.
5. I also do not appreciate not even being put in "past contributors" on the about page. Wow. I've made some mistakes, but some things around here have changed for the good due to some of my ideas and hard work.
Fair enough, it was pretty harsh of me to speculate so I rescind that comment. Also, I do recognise you have put a lot of work into the GetSimple project. My first comment still stands though.
Modern UI Admin for GetSimple
Watch the demo. Install this plugin. Use this CSS. Enjoy.
I'm not even going to waste my time responding...
My Github Repos: Github
(2013-04-21, 11:22:22)n00dles101 Wrote: I'm not even going to waste my time responding...

Not sure what you're getting at?
(2013-04-21, 11:19:59)sal Wrote: Fair enough, it was pretty harsh of me to speculate so I rescind that comment. Also, I do recognise you have put a lot of work into the GetSimple project. My first comment still stands though.

Understandable. Hopefully things will go better here on out both for me and my company, and GetSimple. I hope for the best for both parties.
well, for everyone wanting to know what really happened, here is my account of things. It's lengthy, but revealing... Shovenose has a lot of growing up to do.

http://get-simple.info/blog/2013/04/swit...st-fiasco/
- Chris

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
Glad to see you back, I was wondering what was going on. You made a wise choice in MT they are one of the best.
Visit my website www.sitebee.co.uk.
I've been polite, helpful, and gone out of my way to assist you in moving to any other host.

And no, I've never "DDoS"ed anybody nor would I. My servers have been the victim of too many 3Gbps+ attacks already that I know how much of a pain in the ass it is for everybody on the recieving end.

Oh, and ban me from the forum? Really? What forum rule have I broken? Go ahead, explain!
@shovenose - I would argue that you shutting our web server down with no warning and for no good reason is NOT the polite and helpful way to move us to a new host. Of course, if anyone else here thinks I am looking at this the wrong way, please speak up of course.

Oh, and the reason for being banned - YOU SHUT OUR SERVER OFF WITH NO WARNING AND NO REASON. Consider it explained.
- Chris

(2013-04-22, 00:33:09)ccagle8 Wrote: ... here is my account of things. ...

That members of the ‘team’ should use the public blog of the project site and the site Forum for nasty personal attacks on a former colleague shows a serious lack of judgement and professionalism. It makes the whole GetSimple project look like a playground brawl.

I suggest you delete all these comments including this one and take your feuding to twitter or wherever kids flame each other these days please.
(2013-04-22, 18:38:57)Timbow Wrote: That members of the ‘team’ should use the public blog of the project site and the site Forum for nasty personal attacks on a former colleague shows a serious lack of judgement and professionalism. It makes the whole GetSimple project look like a playground brawl.

I suggest you delete all these comments including this one and take your feuding to twitter or wherever kids flame each other these days please.

Truth be told I can imagine emotions flaring a little. From reading Chris' account of things the way shovenose handled things is anything but professional. Common decency would be to send an email with an actual explanation and to allow for plenty of time (as in at least two weeks notice) to select a new host and move the site.

Closing an account effective immediately and keeping the backup online for a mere 24 hours is anything but...

I am happy the mad scramble by the guys has resulted in the site being online again without too much damage. But things could've been very different indeed, which Chris and the others full well realize.

So yes, maybe Chris shouldn't be venting, but at the same time I can understand him doing so.

And as for the banning of shovenose, pretty much understandable looking at the circumstances.
This was not a personal attack. This was an explanation on why GetSimple was down and why the need for changing hosts and banning the previous host occurred.

Chris has been very professional about this. Social media is no different then our blog / forum.

(2013-04-22, 18:38:57)Timbow Wrote:
(2013-04-22, 00:33:09)ccagle8 Wrote: ... here is my account of things. ...

That members of the ‘team’ should use the public blog of the project site and the site Forum for nasty personal attacks on a former colleague shows a serious lack of judgement and professionalism. It makes the whole GetSimple project look like a playground brawl.

JWH Technologies
Have any marketing ideas for Get-Simple? Let me hear them!
I respect your opinion Timbow, but in the end the blog post was 100% accurate and was meant to do two things:

1. Warn others about ShoveHost's actions. He was a member here for quite a while, and could have gotten others to host with him. It's my responsibility to alert those people to be aware of the issues he has with hosting.

2. Explain why the GetSimple site was done with no warning. I've had to answer to advertisers and countless others on social media about why the site was "suspended". It did not look good for us (even though we are free & open source) to have our site "suspended".

I hope you can look past these recent issues we've had and continue to be a valuable part of our community. Thanks.
- Chris