Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creating a plugin function to remove or modify code
Hello,

I'm trying to create a plugin to remove a certain code from the footer of backend panel. I have seen the plugin creation tutorial at http://get-simple.info/wiki/plugins:creation and the given "hello world" example is good.

Now I'm trying to remove a few code like Support and Share links in the backend footer. The given example is good for adding new code but doesn't help in further modifications.
try the multi user plugin, it allows you to setup new users and restrict what they can/can't see
My Github Repos: Github
So I can't create my own plugin to modify existing code generated by GS? I can do it using CSS display:none; but want to remove it completely from source.
Using GetSimple 3.0
(2013-04-24, 00:33:09)nvinanda Wrote: So I can't create my own plugin to modify existing code generated by GS? I can do it using CSS display:none; but want to remove it completely from source.

n00dles101 meant for you to check how the Multi-user plugin achieves what you're wanting to do with your plugin. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure it's just using CSS to hide the respective links which is what you don't want to do.
Modern UI Admin for GetSimple
Watch the demo. Install this plugin. Use this CSS. Enjoy.
Most likely you'll have to edit some core file (and remember to patch it again when you upgrade GS)