Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can you use SimpleCMS with a textarea & leave rest of page alone?
TINYMCE - incompatible with IE
CKEDITOR - poor documentaiton
SimpleCMS?
Looks promising: Need to use SimpleCMS with a textarea in an existing website and leave the rest of the pages completely alone. Can SimpleCMS do this?

TINYMCE method, with content
<textarea class="moxiecut" name="tbl_content">
Lorum ipsum antage menesim, etc.
</textarea>
(2013-05-02, 13:16:51)jleahy Wrote: Can SimpleCMS do this?

I think so but you will have to pay the full license even just for one teeny bit of editing on one page. Better to use GetSimple.
Wtf is simplecms?
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
(2013-05-02, 21:46:56)shawn_a Wrote: Wtf is simplecms?
This is their website we are on: Get Simple CMS
Its called getsimple.
Smile

And the answer would be no, this is not that kind of cms, this is a full content management system. Not an inline content manager.
(2013-05-03, 01:11:27)shawn_a Wrote: Its called getsimple.
Smile

And the answer would be no, this is not that kind of cms, this is a full content management system. Not an inline content manager.

Thanks so much for taking the time to answer. Best of success with your CMS. I do like the simplicity and ease of creating and working with pages. The install routine is quite good - helps a person get up and running quickly, and the XML storage is tiny and neat.
If you wanted to you could find a way to use getsimple to manage content and include it in a normal php page, but it would require some interfacing either using custom code and includes or the api. It would definitely not be standard.