Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
nanoSLider in component
Hi there!
From 2 days i'm using getsimple and i'm very impressed.

It's simple and fast learn but i have some doubts...
I try to implement a dynamic sidebar on my template, and i do that with components and load correct component by page slug.

All work correctly but now i need to put a plugin code into the content...

Into content i can use PHP but this plugin don't have a public interface for call function by php code and i can't use the plugin script (% %) into the component code.

How can i do that?
The plugin in question is nanoSlider.

Thanks a lot!
You could insert the php code in a component and use the dynpages plugin.
(2013-05-13, 15:56:21)Carlos Wrote: You could insert the php code in a component and use the dynpages plugin.

Hi.
First of all, thanks.

I already use dynpages, but, in this case, i can't use it or i don't know how.

The problem is how can i use php code (to call nanoSlider) if the plugin don't offer (or maybe i don't know how!!!) a function to call but only a script call (% %).
Oh, sorry, I should have looked at how this plugin works.
I suppose that what you want can be done, but it's not trivial.
(2013-05-13, 17:38:46)raowyr Wrote:
(2013-05-13, 15:56:21)Carlos Wrote: You could insert the php code in a component and use the dynpages plugin.

Hi.
First of all, thanks.

I already use dynpages, but, in this case, i can't use it or i don't know how.

The problem is how can i use php code (to call nanoSlider) if the plugin don't offer (or maybe i don't know how!!!) a function to call but only a script call (% %).

I wanted to do a similar thing and I was able to put it in a template by the following method-

Make an empty page with just the nanoslider shortcode and options in it. I called it 'sliderpage'
Untick the page option "include this page in menu"
Use the getPageContent('sliderpage') to include in a template.

You may have to wrap it in a div to make sure it positions correctly and clears other elements.
Quote:I wanted to do a similar thing and I was able to put it in a template by the following method-

Make an empty page with just the nanoslider shortcode and options in it. I called it 'sliderpage'
Untick the page option "include this page in menu"
Use the  getPageContent('sliderpage') to include in a template.

You may have to wrap it in a div to make sure it positions correctly and clears other elements.

I tried it this way, doesn't work. The slider comes up fine on the page, but in the sidebar where I use getPageContent, there is only an empty div.