Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last Hashtag Plugin
Hi all,

I discovered GetSimple 2 day ago, so i decided to collaborate and develop a plugin. My first plugin is Last Hastag and it can show in your sidebar the last tweets about an hashtag that you decide in administration section.

I hpe this can be usefull for someone! Wink
Are you caching this ?
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
Hi shawn_a,

This is my first plugin and there is something I don't know, yet.

Why is usefull to caching this plugin? How can do this?
Regarding the twitter results. I did not look to see where they come from, if this is a twitter widget then nevermind.

If you are not storing this in a cache first, then every page visit is hitting twitter, I am not not sure what there api policy is but most throttle requests, even if they do not, it could cause slowdowns since every page is calling out to another site. Even a short time limit cache would alleviate this.

On a small site it probably wouldn't be an issue.
(2013-05-16, 01:39:55)shawn_a Wrote: Regarding the twitter results.

If you are not storing this in a cache first, then every page visit is hitting twitter, I am not not sure what there api policy is but most throttle requests, even if they do not, it could cause slowdowns since every page is calling out to another site. Even a short time limit cache would alleviate this.

On a small site it probably wouldn't be an issue.

So, you are telling me to set a "retard time" so the plugin doesn't call twitter api every time user refresh/change the page?
and to cache the results locally.

https://dev.twitter.com/docs/rate-limiting/1.1
(2013-05-16, 03:16:12)shawn_a Wrote: and to cache the results locally.

https://dev.twitter.com/docs/rate-limiting/1.1

Ok. I will do it. Thanks for idea.