Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Item Manager Extended (Beta)
(2013-08-16, 01:59:04)Bigin Wrote:
(2013-08-15, 22:28:56)amnesiac Wrote: But I have a question: how can I make component to output a list of categories?

Yep, you can use something like this:

PHP Code:
$preferences = (imModel::getPref());
foreach(
$preferences->categories->category as $cat)
    echo 
$cat .'<br />'

Thanx, it works.

Does categories have an internal ID, or just name? I need to add links to category list:

PHP Code:
echo '<a href="/some_page/?category=' $cat '</a><br />'

I think it's not good idea to use in links names of categories with spaces and not-latin symbols.
The Categories were designed to help you better classify of Items and to organize them logically by their Fields. Categories more relevant for the Item Manager internal processes and have no business on frontend anyway.

Please note: do not use Categories to store information like URLs or Titles, better use the custom fields instead.

For example in your case, you can customize your categories by creating additional custom fields like: "group_url" and "group_title". It also maybe makes sense to specify the default value for these fields since the members of category have the same contents.
The value of the group_url contains an URL of your hyperlink which indicates the link’s destination.
The group_title field contains the title you want displayed for your category.
So, your category links shall be structured as follows : <a href="[[ group_url ]]">[[ group_title ]]</a>
And the component might then look like this:

PHP Code:
<?php
$manager 
= new ImController();
$preferences imModel::getPref();

// Register your link template
$manager->tplRegister(array(

'loop' => '<a title="Click to go to category..." 
                   href="[[ my_group_url ]]">[[ my_group_title ]]</a><br />'
));

foreach(
$preferences->categories->category as $cat)
{

// setup items by category

ImCategory::setCategory($cat);

$manager->runModelMethod('gen_register', array('group_url''group_title'));

$items $manager->getModelValue('items_ordered_struct');

// Render your link template

echo   $manager->paint('loop', array(

'my_group_url' => $items[0]['group_url'], 

'my_group_title' => $items[0]['group_title']
    ));
}
?>
(2013-08-18, 20:43:36)D.O. Wrote: Hi Bigin, why ur plugin myCart is not more avaible?

I sold the plugin source, with unlimited rights and gave the option to using and reselling. Sorry
Don't be sorry, Mate! Making money is important! And congratulations! =D
Just a question: can I do something like that with Item Manager?
E.G. Selecting an item and send a email to say "I am interested in this Item"?
My website made with GetSimple CMS is

Arte & Società
www.artesocieta.eu

An indipendent website about Italian Contemporary Visual Arts
If you're going to do this all through an email, then I am sure that will go well, but I believe that you can do so much more with Item Manager!
I assume you are looking for a solution without hacking the plugin core files... Ok, you won't get a ready made solution here but I'll try to give you hints and considerations how to solve the problem.

In principle you only need tree things to get started with a GS based e-Commerce store:

1. Item Manager
2. HTML form
3. Script to receive, check and send data

You can use IManager now to create your product categories with any fields you like: name, price, number, blah blah blah.

On the product pages in the store frontend you'll need a form to send product data like item id, number of articles ordered and the customer data such as delivery address.

Next step, you'll need to create a script that receives and processes the product and customer data from your html form. There you can do two separate checks; check one handles the customer data, an order can be immediately generated and dispatched by email. And the second check handles the product data (item id, number) and then passes the data to the IManager, which can save or process it. For example, in order to update a product quantity in your store.

I hope these tips could a little help you ;)
(2013-08-19, 23:08:39)Bigin Wrote: Please note: do not use Categories to store information like URLs or Titles, better use the custom fields instead.

For example in your case, you can customize your categories by creating additional custom fields like: "group_url" and "group_title". It also maybe makes sense to specify the default value for these fields since the members of category have the same contents.
The value of the group_url contains an URL of your hyperlink which indicates the link’s destination.
The group_title field contains the title you want displayed for your category.
So, your category links shall be structured as follows : <a href="[[ group_url ]]">[[ group_title ]]</a>

Ok, I understand your idea, thanx.

But. I made a different sets of fields for different categories and try to create items in all categories. I click ADD NEW, change category to another (for example second in the category list) and nothing happens. When I click Reload button, category return to first in the category list. How can I fix it? =(((
(2013-08-19, 23:24:48)Bigin Wrote:
(2013-08-18, 20:43:36)D.O. Wrote: Hi Bigin, why ur plugin myCart is not more avaible?

I sold the plugin source, with unlimited rights and gave the option to using and reselling. Sorry

Hmmm, understandable but also a pity to hear uhh read.
I was hoping that IME would become a ready-made myCart ;(
(2013-08-20, 22:21:29)amnesiac Wrote: When I click Reload button, category return to first in the category list. How can I fix it? =(((

All changes of each category data sets must be confirmed explicitly by pressing the "Save" button, before "change category".
(2013-08-20, 23:31:17)Bigin Wrote:
(2013-08-20, 22:21:29)amnesiac Wrote: When I click Reload button, category return to first in the category list. How can I fix it? =(((

All changes of each category data sets must be confirmed explicitly by pressing the "Save" button, before "change category".

Do you mean "Change category" field on "Create new Item" page?
No matter – confirm before change!
(2013-08-21, 00:00:35)Bigin Wrote: No matter – confirm before change!

The problem was in non standart symbols in category name, solved.
Thanks for your tips, Bigin..
Let's see what I can do now =D
Read You Soon
My website made with GetSimple CMS is

Arte & Società
www.artesocieta.eu

An indipendent website about Italian Contemporary Visual Arts
Hello there guys. I have a problem with this plugin.
I have clean Get Simple CMS running the default Innovation theme so no doubt here.

I have installed the plugin and it seemed to work. I created the category, configured it well (I just copied everything from the first post so I'm sure it's not my mistake).

I created two components then, one with items list and second one for item page. Just as in the first post. And the page with list of items works well I think. But when I click on one of the items, it doesn't go to it's subpage. It shows the 404 error. The URL looks like this:

Code:
http://lugshar.colorprojects.pl/gs/item-manager-details-page?item=eternalovers

Also, there is another thing that doesn't work. When adding item text fields work great. But when I try to upload an image and click the "Select file..." button, that's what shows up in the new window:

Code:
Error 404

The request /gspluginsimanageruploadscriptuploadwindow.php?inputName=post-loop-thumb-1 was not found on this server.

It leaves out the slashes! When you add them manually so it looks like this:

Code:
/gs/plugins/imanager/uploadscript/uploadwindow.php

It works allright... I can even upload and image.

Any ideas?
(2013-08-21, 18:23:30)ncsic Wrote: I created two components then, one with items list and second one for item page. Just as in the first post. And the page with list of items works well I think. But when I click on one of the items, it doesn't go to it's subpage. It shows the 404 error. The URL looks like this:

Code:
http://lugshar.colorprojects.pl/gs/item-manager-details-page?item=eternalovers

I guess – you forgot to create a new page with "item-manager-details-page" slug and following content {% im_details_page_generator %}

(2013-08-21, 18:23:30)ncsic Wrote: The request /gspluginsimanageruploadscriptuploadwindow.php?inputName=post-loop-thumb-1 was not found on this server.[/code]

It leaves out the slashes! When you add them manually so it looks like this:

Code:
/gs/plugins/imanager/uploadscript/uploadwindow.php

It works allright... I can even upload and image.

Any ideas?

"mod_rewrite" problem, check .htaccess file or ask your server administrator about disable that procedure
(2013-08-21, 19:20:29)Bigin Wrote: "mod_rewrite" problem, check .htaccess file or ask your server administrator about disable that procedure

Well, FancyURLs are working great, no problems at all. Also no problems in other plugins. Just this one. Checked .htaccess and it looks good (Allow from all).

Also, when I try to add category that's what comes out:

Code:
Warning: sort() expects parameter 1 to be array, boolean given in /home/lugshar/public_html/mirrorphobic/plugins/imanager/class/im.model.class.php on line 503

Warning: array_reverse() [function.array-reverse]: The argument should be an array in /home/lugshar/public_html/mirrorphobic/plugins/imanager/class/im.model.class.php on line 504

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/lugshar/public_html/mirrorphobic/plugins/imanager/class/im.model.class.php on line 258

Warning: sort() expects parameter 1 to be array, boolean given in /home/lugshar/public_html/mirrorphobic/plugins/imanager/class/im.model.class.php on line 503

Warning: array_reverse() [function.array-reverse]: The argument should be an array in /home/lugshar/public_html/mirrorphobic/plugins/imanager/class/im.model.class.php on line 504
I was already implementing this addon, which looked really nice, untill I found out there is no WYSIWYG support... :[ Would be great if you'd add that, otherwise you can't really get any decent description in for your items.
I have noted it down. Next release i'll try to implement this feature. Thank you for pointing that out.
WYSIWYG is now supported (a quick solution):

https://github.com/bigin/imanager

Here is an example:

component
PHP Code:
<?php
$manager 
= new ImController();
ImCategory::setCategory('Ckeditor');
$manager->runModelMethod('gen_register', array('my_editor_field'));
$items $manager->getModelValue('items_ordered_struct');
foreach(
$items as $item
{
    echo 
html_entity_decode($item['my_editor_field'], ENT_QUOTES'UTF-8');
}
?>
Can there be an option to select an item image directly from GS upload directory?
(2013-06-26, 23:51:59)evan70 Wrote: GREAT iDea Rene Smile ThX
(2013-06-27, 04:23:52)Bigin Wrote: Rene, I'll note this idea for the future, since it shows some originality.
Hi Bigin,
Any idea when you release a new version with -hopefully- the above?
Or maybe you have a quick solution/fix?

Tiny bug:
After clicking button 'Add New' the following string apears on screen:
string(8) "imanager"
Hi Rene, sorry, I have to disappoint you but I had thoughts about that and came to the conclusion that an extra Image Field does not fit into the Item Manager concept, because there are a number of ways of including your images from GS upload directory (e.g. by enter the name and the path in the text fields –GS upload directory could be defined as a default value– or you could select the image from GS upload directory via WYSIWYG field which you can style like a "special image field" by css)

[Image: gsuploadgrabimg.png]

Thank you for your bug report, unfortunately I forgot to delete a var_dump() output in im.controller.class.php file :(. You can download
an improved version from repo or delete this line yourself.
Hi Bigin, thx for your detailed reply, I will review your proposals. Pity (for me) that you came to your conclusion. Personally I find the Imagizer plugin in combination with the standard upload still the best upload solution. That would be a perfect match with your excellent plugin.
Regards, René
A complete nuff-nuff question - where do I put im_list_page_generator and im_details_page_generator?

I tried making a new component under theme-edit component but didn't work
I tried saving them as tpl files in the tpl folder - didn't work.

which folder and which extension do they get (PHP, tpl etc.)

It's the simple assumptions that can trick us beginners up!

Peter
1. Create im_list_page_generator and im_details_page_generator components under theme-edit > components

2. You also need DynPages plugin that allows you to use these components within GS-pages by specifying their name: {% im_list_page_generator %}

3. Put component name variable {% im_list_page_generator %} in your GS-page where you wish to display your Items

best regards
Thanks, I'll have a try of that, but now I've found this plugin and Small Plugin Toolkit conflict. Presently I think the toolkit is probably of more importance to me so IM will have to go for the moment.

If both are active then I get this message:
Cannot redeclare return_page_slug() (previously declared in /plugins/imanager/class/im.model.class.php:994) in /admin/inc/theme_functions.php on line 667

I've posted on the Small Plugin Toolkit thread also - I'm not sure which one (or both?) need an adjustment.

(2013-11-13, 16:47:20)Bigin Wrote: 1. Create im_list_page_generator and im_details_page_generator components under theme-edit > components

2. You also need DynPages plugin that allows you to use these components within GS-pages by specifying their name: {% im_list_page_generator %}

3. Put component name variable {% im_list_page_generator %} in your GS-page where you wish to display your Items

best regards
Probably u're use an older version of IM, please download the latest version from GitHub