Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Item Manager Extended (Beta)
Hey, thx for the plugin. Liking it a lot. Though i miss a way to sort and edit categories. I am listing the items under each category but would want to be able to manually set the order of categories just like how you drag and drop the order of items. Would this be possible? And also renaming created category names. Thanks
Unfortunately this isn't possible in the current IM version.
But in the upcoming release. A new version is planned and should be released at the beginning of 2015
Hello,

I have a problem when I click on the Item Manager tab in the admin-panel, then
the admin of item manager is disappeared.

http://bit.ly/1uxFhiI

I try with clean the cache, but nothing Sad

What do I wrong?

The other admin-tabs works correctly.
My GS version is 3.3.4

Christophe
Js error?
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
(2014-12-13, 10:58:15)shawn_a Wrote: Js error?

I don't know Huh

It works very well and after i click on a item the option 'promo' or 'visible' and reload it's disappeared.

I hope they're is a solution for this Confused

Regards,
Christophe

I see this in my developer console:
'sbfixed not enabled or scrolltofixed not loaded'

But I don't know if this the problem
I try to enable/disable the plugin, but nothing Sad

The xml-files are not deleted, but the plugin didn't work!
This is the test-site:
http://www.market-locator.com/gscms/speelgoed/

The link 'speelgoed' is a item manager list, but the list is also disappeared.

When I look to the (imanager) product xml-files, their present.

I don't know what the problemis.

Sorry for my English
Hello,

It worked again!!!

I solved to remove item1 (xml-file) where i click on visible/promo.
(../data/imanager/item1.xml)

Is this a bug? When I clicked on one of this links visible/promo, then the iManager no longer works.
See screenshot what I mean: http://bit.ly/1AtKwEO

Regards,
Christophe
Hello, I was curious to try this plugin but I'm having some trouble. Once the plugin has been installed, if I try to edit a page, I get a blank screen. I turned on Debug Mode and this is the error I see:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare return_page_slug() (previously declared in /home/accountname/public_html/plugins/imanager/class/im.model.class.php:1039) in /home/accountname/public_html/admin/inc/theme_functions.php on line 636

I have quite a few plugins installed and this is a "live" site so I can't start disabling plugins without affecting the front-end users. Here are the plugins I have installed currently: Branded Login, Default Content, DynPages, Fancybox Plugin, i18n Base, i18n Gallery, i18n, i18n Search, i18n Special Pages, Imagizer, Simple Input Tabs, Small Plugin Toolkit, i18n Special Pages extras, Multi User.
(2014-12-25, 00:52:34)bensayers Wrote: Hello, I was curious to try this plugin but I'm having some trouble. Once the plugin has been installed, if I try to edit a page, I get a blank screen. I turned on Debug Mode and this is the error I see:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare return_page_slug() (previously declared in /home/accountname/public_html/plugins/imanager/class/im.model.class.php:1039) in /home/accountname/public_html/admin/inc/theme_functions.php on line 636

I have quite a few plugins installed and this is a "live" site so I can't start disabling plugins without affecting the front-end users. Here are the plugins I have installed currently: Branded Login, Default Content, DynPages, Fancybox Plugin, i18n Base, i18n Gallery, i18n, i18n Search, i18n Special Pages, Imagizer, Simple Input Tabs, Small Plugin Toolkit, i18n Special Pages extras, Multi User.

It is the Small Plugin Toolkit (which is needed for Simple input tabs plugin) which seems to create the issue.
When I add a new item in Item Manager via Add new, fill in the fields, when I click Save, it is not saved. Am I missing something?
(2014-12-26, 23:31:33)datiswous Wrote: It is the Small Plugin Toolkit (which is needed for Simple input tabs plugin) which seems to create the issue.

Thanks, do you have any plans to allow the two plugins to be installed at the same time? Is there a fix?
(2014-12-25, 00:52:34)bensayers Wrote: Fatal error: Cannot redeclare return_page_slug() (previously declared in /home/accountname/public_html/plugins/imanager/class/im.model.class.php:1039) in /home/accountname/public_html/admin/inc/theme_functions.php on line 636

Hello. Have you tried a latest version on GitHub?
However, you have to rewrite old files and remove existing item data
(2014-12-26, 23:50:52)datiswous Wrote: When I add a new item in Item Manager via Add new, fill in the fields, when I click Save, it is not saved. Am I missing something?

Error message? ... PHP has no write access?
(2014-12-30, 21:05:11)Bigin Wrote: Hello. Have you tried a latest version on GitHub?
However, you have to rewrite old files and remove existing item data

Yes, that's where I downloaded it from... Unless it has been updated since my original post.
Please post the code within im.model.class.php file from line 1035 to 1042
Optional you can try to comment out return_page_slug() function:

PHP Code:
if(!function_exists('return_page_slug')) {
   function 
return_page_slug() { 
        return isset(
$_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']) ? $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] : '';
   }

But I'm really wondering why doesn't the function_exists() work if you use the latest IM version from GitHub?
Hello,

I try make a site with 500+ items. Is this possible with IM plugin?
Is it possible search the items with the I18N Search plugin? Even by category?
Or is it possible search with IM itself?

I ask this last question also in the I18N Search plugin thread:
http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread...3#pid49253

Sorry for my bad English.

Regards,
Christophe
Looking at the source code on Github, it doesn't seem that I18N Search functionality has been implemented for iManager.

The modification to do so in the source isn't too difficult to do, but Bigin would need to decide if it is something that he wants to implement.

It would involve implementing actions and filters in the imanager.php file:

PHP Code:
add_action('search-index''imanager_search_index');
add_filter('search-item''imanager_search_item');
add_filter('search-display''imanager_search_display');

// ...

function imanager_search_index(/* parameters */) {

// ...
}

function 
imanager_search_item(/* parameters */) {

// ...
}

function 
imanager_search_display(/* parameters */) {

// ...

More detail should be available in mvlcek's I18N Search topic on plugin integration (but this would be a job for the plugin developer, not the user).

In the mean time, a very temporary internal-search solution for the user could be to do (simple) search filtering in the foreach loop for the list display:

PHP Code:
// function for checking if an item matches the search criteria
function imanager_search_filter($item$words) {

$contents implode('::'$item);                // searching all fields of item in one string

$wordslower strtolower($words);                // case insensitive search

return strpos($contents$wordslower) !== false// true if the words appear in the correct order, false otherwise
}

// assuming that you're using a GET query with the parameter 'words'
$loop '';
foreach(
$pagedata['itemkeys'] as $key)
{
  if (isset(
$_GET['words']) && imanager_search_filter($items[$key], $_GET['words'])) {

// Renders the 'loop' template to string concatenation by replacing placeholders

$loop .= $manager->paint('loop', array('loop-thumb-1' => $items[$key]['loop-thumb-1'], 

'page' => $pagedata['viewpage'], 'slug' => $items[$key]['slug']));
  }

Bigin, thank you for creating this plugin! I'm just getting started with it, but I noted that you said an update was coming early 2015 and I was wondering if I would be better served waiting for the update versus going ahead and finishing my site now. Were you planning on updating this month, or is there more work to be done?

Again, thank you for your work!
Angryboy,

Thank you for this solution. And @Bigin thanks for this nice plugin. It gives GS a lot of possibilities an flexibility.
IM is an awesome plugin. I read the whole IM-thread, and see that are many solutions for manipulating items (sort, by date, first 5, ...) and now a search solution! I like this flexibility!

Ok, i will try remake this Drupal-site http://www.market-locator.com/ in GS!
In the past i make sites with the 'overkilled' Drupal CMS. But now i love GS more than Drupal; simple good and flexible. With a handful php-code-snippets, you can really good sites.

I would challenge this project 'simplified' in GS in combination with IM, but when I try it, i want a good search option for IM.

I will try search by:
- Postal code
- City
- Province

Is it possible search by one of the above items? Or a combination?

Grtz,
Christophe
(2014-12-26, 23:31:33)datiswous Wrote:
(2014-12-25, 00:52:34)bensayers Wrote: Hello, I was curious to try this plugin but I'm having some trouble. Once the plugin has been installed, if I try to edit a page, I get a blank screen. I turned on Debug Mode and this is the error I see:

It is the Small Plugin Toolkit (which is needed for Simple input tabs plugin) which seems to create the issue.

Hello, is there a fix to make your plugin work with Simple Input Tabs and Small Plugin Toolkit? I did download the latest version from GitHub.
Hello,

the Item Manager disappeared and items are not visible anymore.
There has be no change to existing items for month, and no items were added.
I cannot see any js-error or any error in debug mode.
Items XML-files are still available.
Version is 3.3.3, Plugins are all up to date.

Any idea how to fix this problem?

Thanks a lot, Stefan.
Hello,

there is nothing that simply disappeared. Perhaps you deleted a config file or something?
Try to remove all IM data (except item files and categories) and reinstall ItemManager.

The ItemManager 2.0 is ready to start, maybe even the end of May release date!
Hello,

I've been testing this plugin and I love it, especially for how easy it is for the end user. I was decided to use it in my next project, but I have a problem with it in Xampp and a couple on my server.

On the server, I can create categories, add custom fields, I can create items... but when I create an item (myitem, for example), the information in the custom fields is not saved, despite a message saying "The myitem.xml has been succesfully saved". In the "myitem.xml" file I see that the XML does not have tags for the custom fields.
Apart from that, the image uploader window has a wrong URL (I see there the "page not found" page). When I click the "Select file" button next to the image field, it opens a new window with a URL like this:
http://mywebsite.com//usrplugins/imanager/uploadscript...
I guess the right URL should be http://mywebsite.com/plugins/imanager/uploadscript... I don't know where that "usr" comes from.

In Xampp, I have none of the above problems, but after selecting an image in the popup window, I get the message "Cannot move file".

On the server, the Items Manager plugin by PyC gives the same problem with the custom fields, but it allows me to upload images.

I must say that before installing GetSimple on my server I got this error message (here is that "usr" again, maybe it has something to do with the server...):
Warning: ini_set() [function.ini-set]: Unable to access /usr/home/mywebsite.com/web/data/other/logs/errorlog.txt in /usr/home/mywebsite.com/web/admin/inc/common.php on line 128

After all, I don't know if the problem is on my server, in GetSimple or in Item Manager... Despite the error message "Warning: ini_set () [function.ini-set]" GetSimple works perfectly and also work well Special Pages and Custom Fields plugins, so I thought I should start asking here.

I make websites occasionally for small business; it's not my main occupation. Most of my clients are very slow when it comes to computers, and they usually need very simple websites (2 or 3 pages). For many of them it would be "very difficult" to add HTML tags and CSS classes correctly with the editor... That's why I had thought to create those two or three pages myself, and allow end users to change some contents through Item Manager. There could be a category "Home" with a single item with custom text fields like "big text above", "smaller text with a blue background", "presentation title", "presentation".... One category with one item for each page. That can be done with Special Pages plugin, but Item Manager would also allow galleries or lists of items easily: One category with multiple items. Moreover, as Item Manager handles file uploading and deleting, I could hide all GetSimple tabs except Item Manager, to ensure that end users don't touch what they should not...

That's all... I hope there is a solution.

Thanks in advance!

P.S.
My suggestions for version 2.0: drag and drop sorting for items in back-end (reflected in front-end) and the possibility to combine items with different configurations in one category. For example, in a "gallery" category could be combined items like "title", "introductory text", "picture", "picture", "picture", "picture", "picture", "picture", "picture" "introductory text", "picture", "picture", "picture", "picture"... I think this would make this plugin a kind of mini-super-simple CMS inside GetSimple, that would work by combining predesigned HTML fragments (templates) that could be filled with contents by the end user.
Hello,
I think your problem is „DOCUMENT_ROOT", I don't have really experience with WAMP, but I've found $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] to be the most reliable relative path to work in an application. 
If you run a phpinfo(), what value is given for DOCUMENT_ROOT?

Eventually, take a look into the „/plugins/imanager/uploadscript/model/generator.php“ file
and find the commented line: // Modify our window url parameter
There you can try to replace $_SERVER[‚DOCUMENT_ROOT'] to something like so „C:/blabla/sites/„  -whatever your webroot is. 

I hope this will helps