Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
.htaccess deny all in plugins folder
With deny all in my plugins folder, my plugins were not working with the latest beta.
Anyone else with that issue?

Remove .htaccess and it works fine.
Clients always want to be able to change the content of their pages, but they are unwilling to do so.

Have you ever coded in your underwear before?
maybe it depends on how you are calling the pages from in there. Download my vcard plugin and see how I do it. I save my data files to /data/other/
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
^ Right, but for the sake of keeping things easy, I have 2 plugins installed.
I have a gallery which stores all necessary include calls in the plugins/pluginname folder.
Then I have that plugin call the images in /data/gallery/.
Even if everything was stored in the plugin folder, it would not run because the htaccess file does not allow access to the included files in the plugins/pluginname/ folder.
Clients always want to be able to change the content of their pages, but they are unwilling to do so.

Have you ever coded in your underwear before?
/data is nice for saving data, but where to place images, .js and .css Files that i need for my plugin? /theme/plugins?
The argument is that /data/ is not the best place to write things as plugin settings, because it might get lost between updates. So the idea is to keep everything within /plugins/.

Images might be a whole different issue. It might be right to put those in a seperate folder per theme (/theme/Default_Simple/my_plugin_name/image.png &c), if you want your plugin to be customised depending on a theme. If you always want it to be the same, I’d go for putting all those files in /plugins/ (in a subfolder of course) as well.
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
But with "deny all" the browser can not load stuff from /plugins/myplugin. I need an "allow all" place for theming my plugin and storing JavaScript files. confused
Please search the forums a bit, you’ll find there has been a discussion going on about whitelisting files in /plugins/. I think that topic will get you up to speed.
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
easy solution is simple putting another htaccess in the plugin directory of your plugin...

i.e.

if your plugin is in /plugins/plugin1.php

simple add another folder plugin1 and drop an .htaccess with
Allow from all

Important: Dont change the .htaccess in the root plugins folder...
Thanks, that works.