Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NearlyFreeSpeech.Net SetSimpleCMS Installation Problem
Hello. I am currently hosting my site under the host, NearlyFreeSpeech.NET. I have successfully uploaded the GetSimpleCMS_3.2.1 folder contents up into my site's /public folder. At first it gave me a bunch of errors when I tried to load my website. After changing the file permissions of folders of /data and /backups to 777, the messages decreased significantly. My problem now is the remaining error messages:
[Image: TJWB4At.png]
I do not really understand much about PHP but it seems as if it's a file permissions error? Can somebody please help me? I want to get GetSimple working on my site as soon as possible. I have searched online everywhere and there are no solutions nor situations like this. Thank you!
i used gs a few years ago on nfsn and, if memory helps you had to chown -r to the web user the files you upload via sftp, i don't remember chmod 777 entire directories.
we probably cannot chmod on your host, looks like its just a warning, should not break anything.
You do have php errors enabled. Have you tried installing ?
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
(2013-05-25, 01:31:32)shawn_a Wrote: we probably cannot chmod on your host, looks like its just a warning, should not break anything.
You do have php errors enabled. Have you tried installing ?

What did you want me to try doing?
Click continue with setup, pretty obvious, everything is green.
(2013-05-25, 23:24:22)shawn_a Wrote: Click continue with setup, pretty obvious, everything is green.

Oh my goodness thank you... I was so distracted by the error messages that I did not even see the Continue with Setup Button... Thanks again! Everything is working perfectly up till now.
Your host has php errors enabled so you will see every notice and warning. These are not fatal, but its good to know about them as they might indicate a problem to us.

You probably want to turn that off for a production website. You can enable it for debugging in GSCONFIG later on.
(2013-05-28, 00:55:14)shawn_a Wrote: Your host has php errors enabled so you will see every notice and warning. These are not fatal, but its good to know about them as they might indicate a problem to us.

You probably want to turn that off for a production website. You can enable it for debugging in GSCONFIG later on.

Trouble is that on a free server you can't just turn it off. I still have reams of errors showing in the backend of my site on bplaced.net and I don't have access to any settings. Wrote
Code:
# Forces suppression of php errors when GSDEBUG is false, despite php ini settings
define('SUPPRESSERRORS',true);
in the gsconfig but it made no difference.
You cannot modify your php ini or anything ? Why is the default php error enabled ?

SUPPRESSERRORS should work also unless they do not allow php ini calls.

Does not make much sense.