Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Catalog Plugin
Angryboy ??
Any progress ???
(2014-04-21, 18:23:57)Angryboy Wrote: I go back to college this week (so I'll be busy for the next 2 months) and can't promise progress on the Catalog plugin in that time period...sorry about that. But I will return to it in the summer.

Angryboy ??? are you out there ? this catalog is too good to die like that !!!
but it needs fixing !! Confused
Sorry for the radio-silence. I said I would be back for the summer, but I have been working for 2 months after term ended and didn't really have time to contribute to the GS Catalog. Internship finishes next Friday, so I will have a bit of time before term starts up again to work on it.

Thank you for backing up the catalog source code, Tzook. I have now uploaded it to Github so that the source code can be maintained properly. Please report all current problems with the plugin using the issues guidline given here and I will work on them when I can.
@Angryboy

Forked on github ( ckeditor.php fix + image field for products )

CKeditor fix takes care in cases that there are custom toolbars\options @ gsconfig.php

I'll try to collect all I find here:
  • The image-picker should be added to the categories too, but since you made it dynamic I don't know how you want to deal with the fields-ID's ??
  • There should probably be more "templates" ( above/below the loops and so on ... ).

Now I see that the bug with blank-front-page occur only when a page with the catalog slug is added to GS.
Version 0.2
  • Improve templating (allow a theme to be selected and to import/export themes), ala #2
  • Create separate editor options from main GS installation, ala #1
  • Implement catalog_get_categories, catalog_get_category, catalog_get_products and catalog_get_product methods

See Github for current documentation.
I'm just getting to grips with this plugin and love the way the categories can be ordered by dragging. Is it possible to make the products also be ordered by dragging?
Hello,

I find this plugin awesome.
Have you any idea when this plugin is ready for live/production-sites?

Regards,
Christophe
That's dependent on the status of version 0.4. Tzvook will be testing it over the weekend, but anyone else is free to as well. If it is stable, then it will be the RC release for 2015.
(2015-01-15, 21:50:27)Angryboy Wrote: That's dependent on the status of version 0.4. Tzvook will be testing it over the weekend, but anyone else is free to as well. If it is stable, then it will be the RC release for 2015.

Can you update the changelog? It now goes till 0.2
I will when 0.4 is tested. Initially there was a v0.3, but it was so unstable with the changes made that I rewrote the codebase afterwards, so there won't be anything to mention there for 0.3.

Click this link (the Download ZIP link on the 0.4 branch) to download the current instance of 0.4.
I downloaded from the above link but attempting to activate showed "Error" at top of Plugins page and "Disabled Plugin" beside "catalog.php" in the plugins list. Interestingly the Activate/Deactivate link was then missing for this plugin. Deleting from the plugins directory, then reloading plugins page to check all is well worked ok. Then reupoaded fresh copy of plugin and activating again with Debug switched on resulted in "
Fatal error: Can't use function return value in write context in an otherwise blank page displaying just: "/home/user/public_html/gs334/plugins/catalog/backend.class.php on line 50".

Retested with a clean default install of GS 3.3.4 and got same results.

Any thoughts?
An error with the empty function in PHP versions below 5.5. Sorry about that. Should be fixed now.
Hi Angryboy, thanks for fast fix, it installs now. But trying to load products (in a new clean GS334) throws and error message "Error adding product."

Also noticed that in editing category nothing happens when clicking in image field.
Does category creation/editing work (the answer might help me solve the problem)?

Also, the image field is just a text field for now (so nothing should be happening).
Yes category creation and editing works ok, just the image field not working. Well and also not being able to create products
(What is meant by the image field not working? It's meant to just be a regular text field that you type the URL into - is it breaking the layout/not saving/something else?)

Can you check the data/other/catalog folder and see that it has the following folders:

- categories
- products
- settings
- theme

And that the permissions of the categories folder and products folder are both 0755? (I'm checking to see if the problem is an error in how the folder permissions are set up in the plugin file).

Also, do the settings work/are you able to edit them?
- categories
- settings
- theme
are there and all have 0755 perms.

- products was missing. Manually created it but still got error on trying to save saving a new product.

product_index.txt and category_index.txt both present but empty files with 0644 perms.

Sorry I may have misunderstood purpose of image field in category edit, it displays fine but I guess I hoped it would trigger pop-up image chooser like the one for products.
Ooops! Sorry my mistake I manually created -products folder with bad name. Fixed it and can now create products, so thank you.

How about a feature to drag products to order them in back end list like categories can?
As reported earlier edit and save in Settings/Settings works fine as does saving Steeings/Fields.

But hitting save (even without an edit) in Settings/Theme throws and error:
"Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /gs334/admin/load.php on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

If I try to save Settings/Cart without editing I get same error, but if I edit a field it saves ok and then continues to save ok even if set back to default in the originally edited field
Recent changes should fix the product creation problem (and transliteration ones that tzvook pointed out on github).

Can you screenshot the settings problem (and in general, screenshot subsequent problems? It will make them slightly easier to solve)?
(2015-01-16, 07:17:00)davetest Wrote: Sorry I may have misunderstood purpose of image field in category edit, it displays fine but I guess I hoped it would trigger pop-up image chooser like the one for products.

Yep, it's my mistake, I added it to github, but it labeled itself as a new branch :-) so Angryboy missed it
Added now.
(2015-01-17, 05:42:23)Angryboy Wrote: Added now.

Still no go for the non-latin category-names .... it's not the transliteration, as if it don't except it as UTF

txt files still get it as "0 -_en"
What kinds of titles are being used? For example, "Iñtërnâtiônàlizætiøn" comes out as "i-nt-ern-ati-on-alizaetion".
(2015-01-17, 06:28:07)Angryboy Wrote: What kinds of titles are being used? For example, "Iñtërnâtiônàlizætiøn" comes out as "i-nt-ern-ati-on-alizaetion".

I tried Hebrew titles and even Arabic ones ... seems like the iconv in backend.class.php is not working as should ....

but here is the is the i18n way ...

PHP Code:
    {
        global 
$i18n;
        if (isset(
$i18n['TRANSLITERATION']) && is_array($translit=$i18n['TRANSLITERATION']) && count($translit>0))
            {
$str str_replace(array_keys($translit),array_values($translit),$str);}

$str to7bit($str'UTF-8');

$str clean_url($str);
        return 
$str;
    } 

like that it can be used with your own lang in admin

My lang file ( /admin/lang/__my-lang-file__.php ) includes :
PHP Code:
"TRANSLITERATION" => array(
"א"=>"a","ב"=>"b","ג"=>"g","ד"=>"d"
,"ה"=>"h","ו"=>"v","ז"=>"z","ח"=>"h","ט"=>"t","י"=>"y","כ"=>"k","ל"=>"l","מ"=>"m","נ"=>"n","ס"=>"s","ע"=>"a","פ"=>"p","צ"=>"tz","ק"=>"k","ר"=>"r","ש"=>"sh","ת"=>"t","ץ"=>"tz","ך"=>"ch","ף"=>"f","ם"=>"m"
), 

========== // Edit //=============
Sent to github ...