Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Firefox and zoom issues
I think a lot of people are having issues with the new version of Firefox (and SeaMonkey) which displays everything big on some systems.

It seems that deep in Windows control Panel I have set my display drivers to compensate for a high resolution screen by displaying certain screen elements at 125% normal size. It used to work fine until FF started to take note of this setting and changed its browser display so that now web pages are all too big and images blurry - 100px being now displayed as 125 px. A real drag for web designers.

I don't have a good solution to it yet. Some people are using a FF plugin intended for people with eyesight problems to adjust the default zoom level. I am trying zeroing the display driver settings. I can't find any word from Mozilla that the problem is recognised or being addressed.
(2013-07-11, 18:47:02)Timbow Wrote: I think a lot of people are having issues with the new version of Firefox (and SeaMonkey) which displays everything big on some systems.

It seems that deep in Windows control Panel I have set my display drivers to compensate for a high resolution screen by displaying certain screen elements at 125% normal size. It used to work fine until FF started to take note of this setting and changed its browser display so that now web pages are all too big and images blurry - 100px being now displayed as 125 px. A real drag for web designers.

I don't have a good solution to it yet. Some people are using a FF plugin intended for people with eyesight problems to adjust the default zoom level. I am trying zeroing the display driver settings. I can't find any word from Mozilla that the problem is recognised or being addressed.

Hey Tim,

Sounds like an issue that reared its ugly head previously for some people.

Take a look at the advanced tab under options, under the navigate section on the first tab you should see a bit about 'hardware acceleration'. Chances are that option is currently selected.

Untick the box and the problem should be gone.

Or at least that worked for me (and others) at the time.