Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom variables pagewide without cookies?
Hi, I'm not sure how to describe...
In this special case I want to have one or more pagewide accessable fields; for example called "myCustomCssFile='normalstyle.css'" which I can use in my templates. After clicking a button "Toggle Size" I want to change this variable to "myCustomCssFile='bigstyle.css'", reload the page and so use the other css file for the template. After changing to another page, the field must stay. So I think it must be forwarded in the GET parameters, also in user friendly urls somehow, so it has to be appended to every site-intern link. At this moment, I make this functionality at client side using jquery and cookies, but thats not really stable, because of caching problems for e.g. I hope someone understood what I want to say... Sorry... Is there already a mechanism included which makes me able to use custom GET-Parameters?
You could use sessions.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
(2013-06-18, 23:09:41)shawn_a Wrote: You could use sessions.

Hmm, okay - works fine. But sadly not with cookies full turned off (it should, but it doesnt). On the other hand: Who turns off session-cookies nowadays Wink So I'll simply use sessions. Thank you for reminding me of their existance Big Grin