Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SOLVED: Update not done
Hello,

I've download last version GetSimpleCMS_3-2-1.
Then I've upload by ftp admin folder and index.php on my server but still written version 3.0 and 3.2.1 is needed !

??

Regards,
Nobody can help me ?
I have some strange behaviour with cms so update could be my solution :-)
Thank you for your support
Is this server problems? What does the Healthcheck tell you?
(2013-06-26, 18:55:57)Timbow Wrote: Is this server problems? What does the Healthcheck tell you?

As you can see in the attachement, healthcheck tell me to update my system ? this is what i'm trying to do.....

But maybe I missed a step ?
1. download new release (GetSimpleCMS_3.2.1.zip)
2. put new release on my server (admin folder, index.php)
Anything else to do ?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

If Healthcheck is showing LAMP to be all correct then I have no explanation for how you can upload 3.2.1 but still not have 3.2.1 on the server.

I can only suggest you check everything, download a new copy of 3.2.1 then use the instructions for v2.x to 3.x here http://get-simple.info/wiki/installation:upgrade
eg: rename the folder admin as adminold and upload the new one.
(2013-06-26, 21:33:44)Timbow Wrote: If Healthcheck is showing LAMP to be all correct then I have no explanation for how you can upload 3.2.1 but still not have 3.2.1 on the server.

I can only suggest you check everything, download a new copy of 3.2.1 then use the instructions for v2.x to 3.x here http://get-simple.info/wiki/installation:upgrade
eg: rename the folder admin as adminold and upload the new one.

I've done what you said. it means follow the procedure Upgrade 2.x to 3.x. But still the same.
How can I be sure that file on the server corresponds to 3.2.1 ??? Must I restart something after upload ?
Try to rename current /admin directory to f.e. /admin_temp, reconnect to ftp and upload /admin 3.2.1 directory again.
Maybe your host provider utilizes a caching system ?

ps. after you upload all files again, check /admin/inc/configuration.php and paste here what version is assigned to $site_version_no
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
You should clear your browser cache.

I don't know how to help any more.
(2013-06-26, 22:07:07)yojoe Wrote: Try to rename current /admin directory to f.e. /admin_temp, reconnect to ftp and upload /admin 3.2.1 directory again.
Maybe your host provider utilizes a caching system ?

ps. after you upload all files again, check /admin/inc/configuration.php and paste here what version is assigned to $site_version_no

Here is the content of the file :

PHP Code:
<?php
/**
 * Configuration File
 * @package GetSimple
 * @subpackage Config
 */

$site_full_name 'GetSimple';
$site_version_no '3.2.1';
$name_url_clean lowercase(str_replace(' ','-',$site_full_name));
$site_link_back_url 'http://get-simple.info/';
$ver_no_clean str_replace('.','',$site_version_no);
$cookie_name lowercase($name_url_clean) .'_cookie_'$ver_no_clean;
if (isset(
$_GET['redirect'])){

$cookie_redirect $_GET['redirect'];
} else {    

$cookie_redirect 'pages.php';
}
$cookie_login 'index.php';
$cookie_time '7200';  // 2 hours 
$api_url 'http://get-simple.info/api/start/v3.php';
if (!
defined('GSVERSION')) define('GSVERSION'$site_version_no);

?>

This is strange because 3.2.1 is written in this file.
I've tried to delete admin folder and cms is still working ??????? Does it means i'm not working on the correct folder ?[/quote]
(2013-06-26, 22:21:36)borgfabr Wrote: I've tried to delete admin folder and cms is still working ??????? Does it means i'm not working on the correct folder ?

Yes
But I'm in the www directory of root, so ... I don't understand where is my folder ?
Have you for instance uploaded to a web server but you are still viewing your site on localhost?

I have done that. When you don't change the base url after upload.
Sorry but I don't understand your answer !
I'm new on getsimple, i take a project done by a teammate and my teammate is no more available.
You are using ftp to connect to a remote web server I think? If you also have your site saved locally on your desktop computer that can cause confusion.

And I see your healthcheck shows Ubuntu as the OS. Isn't Ubuntu a desktop OS?
Problem is solved !
On my webserver i have var\www and root\www. The site is base on var\www and I was using root\www.
Upgrade is done !
Thank for all your support. I appreciate
(2013-06-26, 22:56:24)borgfabr Wrote: Problem is solved !

Excellent!