Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Front end Staff Secure Login to hidden pages
Hello,

I'm just wondering if there is a plugin (or other way) so that authorised people can view more pages when logged in.

This is no way connected to the backend Admin area or content management access - just for anybody to be able to login (at the front end) and then another menu appears which displays more pages only available to the logged in person.

My customer wants to have a STAFF login area that is available to staff when on the road. Ideally a new menu would appear after logged in to the front end which gives them access to normally hidden page.

Even if after logging in the user would be directed to a "hidden" page and I can then create a menu on that page that would link to other hidden pages.

If anybody knows of anything like this then that would be great. Has anybody implemented something like this with GS?
Yeah it's called front end user login plugin, or similar. Lol
Did you try to search extend or forums?
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
Hello Shawn,
Thanks for your reply. I did find that one but did not install it as my understanding was that the menu items could still be seen by the general public and I want them all hidden by everybody unless logged in.

Having all the membership only pages seen by the public (even if they get a "you must be logged in message") is not optimal. There are about 10 or more "Staff Only" pages that must be setup and if possible not be seen at all unless logged in.

I suppose I could have a separate "Login" template which would give the login form and then display manual links to other hidden pages.

Thanks again, I like the plugin and I should be able to use it - now that I've installed it - to meet my requirements Smile
You could get real creative and have a custom get_navigation function.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix