Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update
I was just looking around on GetSimple, after I saw the new update that is now availabele, and thought man, it would be really nice if every time there was a new update, when I logged in to my GS installation there would be a pop up box or something that says some thing like:
"Hey, you are currently running [GetSimple v.2.01] and there is now an update [GetSimple v.2.02]. Please contact you site administrator or your site develeper so they can install this update."

if willing, some one could work with Chris and make this a plugin, but Chris would have to be willing to host at least one file. I could see the plugin just running right after the login and displaying the message if an update os available. F not it would just continue to the site and of the site operator would pileup manually check for an update, he could simply go to plugins and use a side link to check for updates and it would display the message.....

Let me know what you think...
JWH Technologies
Have any marketing ideas for Get-Simple? Let me hear them!
Chris doesn’t need to do anything new, the support page is already showing whether there is a new version available or not (or, it should). One could just copy this code into a plugin I guess. All the code is there, it’s just that the actual message is hidden away.
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
I will look into this, maybe I can create a plugin to display the message. Thanks
JWH Technologies
Have any marketing ideas for Get-Simple? Let me hear them!
OWS_Matthew Wrote:"Hey, you are currently running [GetSimple v.2.01] and there is now an update [GetSimple v.2.02]. Please contact you site administrator or your site develeper so they can install this update."

I hope this will be just plugin, personally i dislike those reminders...i think it's useless in my case.

So please just integrate it as plugin, not in the core.

Bye.
Sharing is human real nature...
It would be good to have this appear on the support page (not in general admin like wordpress) and allow a one click upgrade solution.

The primary issues around it would be you don't only need to download updated files, you would also need to allow for new file installations into the core code base.
Nothing is too difficult... anything is possible.
'But you tried, and you failed.. the important thing? never try'
Infact i do believe this will be possible. All that needs to be done is a 'upgrade' zip file to be uploaded and i need a url for it.
Nothing is too difficult... anything is possible.
'But you tried, and you failed.. the important thing? never try'