Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
GetSimple not so simple any more?
Ooh, now. Just tried the latest version. As usual I'm doing things locally (VertrigoServ on Windows, LAMPP on Linux) so you can imagine my surprise when the installation went straight to a regular login page rather than the old "change your password NOW" page.

Neither VertrigoServ nor LAMPP know how to send emails so I log in... how, exactly? Big Grin

If this is a bug and it's supposed to log you in as usual when you install then "BUG!", but if not then it would be nice to have a choice during installation as to whether the password should be emailed or the old (super handy) system used. I doubt having to upload everything to a server, install live, then download everything again just to begin working locally fulfils anyone's definition of 'simple'!
You should be logged in after install, you should not get a login form.
You won't get emails unless you change yours in gs config.

Perhaps you have a problem with cookies?

There is a known issue that is no longer shows your random generated password before redirecting .
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
(2013-07-15, 04:34:04)shawn_a Wrote: You should be logged in after install, you should not get a login form.
You won't get emails unless you change yours in gs config.
Mhm, I have this problem since version 3.1.x everytime. Never ever I were automaitcly logged in. I helped me to copy a saved user.xml with a standard-password saved in a former version, but now this has been deletet and I cannot login in new installed instances of GS.

Quote:Perhaps you have a problem with cookies?
No problem with cookies, all other session-cookies in "normal" php work with the sam environment as GS runs (server2go)

Quote:There is a known issue that is no longer shows your random generated password before redirecting .

What is the workaround for that in my eyes big problem with new local installation on environments with no eMail?
I won't copy the user.xml and then change this by hand.
It would be great if ther could find a solution.
Both these issues are fixed in the next version.

As far as not being logged in, I have no idea. Perhaps you have errors on in your install and one is breaking the redirect and losing the cookie ?

you can find a user file here
password is 1234
https://github.com/GetSimpleCMS/GS_unit_...data/users

Is there anything special about your install ? symblinks ? wierd path ?
root or subdirectory ?

perhaps check your error.log and see whats in there.
Hi,
I am a CMS beginner, have started with Joomla and thought there must be something simpler. And now I fail in GS with the installation which is much shorter... Same problem with me, I am not looged in after local installation and cannot log-in becasue of missing passcode. As I understand a bug which is not solved yet?
I tried installation on a webspace and it has worked smoothly but when I work often in train and am not online...
I am curious to learn GS but I do not have deep knowledge. If someone has a more or less simple instruction how I may work around please let me know. Otherwise...hmmm...how long have I to wait for revised version?
(2013-09-16, 02:56:58)0815 Wrote: ... I am not looged in after local installation and cannot log-in becasue of missing passcode.

You can edit a file to set a known password. More information is in the last message of this thread.

shawn_a also gave a link to a modified user.xml file with a known password, but you may not have understood what to do.
--
Nick.
Hi -- just downloaded the latest version (3.2.3) and still have the same issue, just in case it was meant to be fixed or altered. The fix linked to in the post above worked a treat, mind -- many thanks!
Next version would be the beta.